Koenigsegg camshaftless engine

Tony

i love the concept, this would provide a complete range of capability, from eco town trundle up to sporty full chat. But surely it would be easier to implement in a fewer cylinder engine than in a hypercar..... although i do understand the merit of technology being pushed by breaking barriers.

A few years ago I was talking to an electronics chap who started a project to use ceramic transducers in an engine for a similar purpose.

He hit two main problems, lack of travel and finding an engine to rev above something like 20,000rpm

A wankel or a turbine I would say or better yet an electric drive.

The problem would be all that metal flying to the end of it's travel and then going back, what's needed is a engine that doesn't have major components doing that. I don't know if a wankel can rotate any faster than a normal piston engine, the tip-seals would suffer I would imagine.

ttfn

A few years ago I was talking to an electronics chap who started a project to use ceramic transducers in an engine for a similar purpose.

He hit two main problems, lack of travel and finding an engine to rev above something like 20,000rpm

A wankel or a turbine I would say or better yet an electric drive.

The problem would be all that metal flying to the end of it's travel and then going back, what's needed is a engine that doesn't have major components doing that. I don't know if a wankel can rotate any faster than a normal piston engine, the tip-seals would suffer I would imagine.

ttfn

Rocket ??????? :lol: