That tyres is ok for another 150 miles!

Rich

Shocking - worn right through the rubber, yep that's fine for another 150 miles :(

Forget the moron saying all that rubbish, does no one at the BBC have a clue that they are broadcasting this nonsense? Might be an idea for someone like Tony who commands a great amount of respect in this world to step in and point out the ridiculous advice being handed out.

it is possible that he was merely demonstrating how many miles tread was left as a seporate train of conversation but using the same worn tyre to demonstrate.

Either way if its a confused recept of advice or poor advice given it should be highlighted else it will continue to misinform

it is possible that he was merely demonstrating how many miles tread was left as a seporate train of conversation but using the same worn tyre to demonstrate.

Either way if its a confused recept of advice or poor advice given it should be highlighted else it will continue to misinform

Good point, that might have been what he was trying to say in a very misleading manner!

I agree with your interpretation, it is very poor advice.

I sense that he is bending over backwards not to be authoritarian and so he uses a phrase like "if it is not changed soon", when he really ought to be saying "the car must not be driven until this tyre has been changed".

The Road Traffic Acts say (inter alia) the following: (N.B. I have taken out a lot of the text that is not relevant to the example)

What Are the Penalties for Driving With Faulty Tyres?

In the case of any vehicle, with the exception of goods vehicles and vehicles adapted to carry more than eight passengers, for every offence there is a fine at level 4 of the standard scale with discretionary disqualification with 3 Penalty Points.

Level 4 currently stands at £2,500 and each faulty tyre is considered as a separate offence, which can really add up. Two faulty tyres equals £5,000 and 6 points on your license, and so on.

How Do I Make Sure my Tyres Are up to Scratch?

The law is quite specific when it comes to tyres, but it’s still an offence that catches out many drivers each year.

You must not use a motor vehicle or trailer that has any of the following defects: It has a tyre with exposed cord