Birthday girl

Sagitar

I notice you're still a ways off getting the offical mpg out of it tho ?

Most of my normal mileage consists of short local journeys, but we have just had a few days in Northumberland. We did about 500 miles on motorways, mostly with the cruise control set to 70 m.p.h. and another 140 miles of touring on country roads. I topped the tank twice with a total of just under 47 litres. First fill showed an average of 62.2 m.p.g. and the second 60.7 m.p.g.

For a full size family car, with a petrol engine and an auto gear box, carrying two adults plus luggage, I think 70 m.p.h and 60 m.p.g (at the same time) is pretty good.

I notice you're still a ways off getting the offical mpg out of it tho ?

Most of my normal mileage consists of short local journeys, but we have just had a few days in Northumberland. We did about 500 miles on motorways, mostly with the cruise control set to 70 m.p.h. and another 140 miles of touring on country roads. I topped the tank twice with a total of just under 47 litres. First fill showed an average of 62.2 m.p.g. and the second 60.7 m.p.g.

For a full size family car, with a petrol engine and an auto gear box, carrying two adults plus luggage, I think 70 m.p.h and 60 m.p.g (at the same time) is pretty good.

Please stop posting your mpg, it's quite upsetting when your own is around 23 on a good day :D .

Please stop posting your mpg, it's quite upsetting when your own is around 23 on a good day :D .

Sorry Sir!

On the other hand, I can't help thinking that driving your IS-F must be a lot more fun; in the summer anyway . . . :angry2:

I'm going green with my new lecky motor...... couldn't afford much but here she is anyway ;)

10 volts per-mile :D

I saw my first "Leaf" in the Ampthill car park last week, but I don't know of any public charging facilities locally. That would be my first proper look at an all-electric car, though I have seen a few from a distance.

Do you know what sort of range the give?

It's difficult to get a simple answer. I thought it significant that when I went onto the Nissan site and looked a the FAQs, there was no question about the range - so that isn't the first question in everyone's mind? - yeh right.

Reviews say between about 50 and 100 miles depending upon how you drive it, but I don't know how the range will degrade as the battery ages.

To be honest, I haven't really done any serious research, because I don't want more than one car and my one vehicle has to be able to cope with a long trip occasionally.

Toyota are predicting a new version of the Prius late in 2012 with Lithium Ion batteries and a "plug-in" charge facility. And though the electric range will be only up to about 12 miles, that sounds like a much better bet for me. It will get me to all my local destinations on the battery alone and I can engage the ICE for holidays etc.

Actually, what I really need is a new body, for me . . . . . . ;)