Bolt problems

parthiban

My car is at the dealer at the mo for a service and to sort a few other issues, and one of those was that I was getting a knocking sound from the suspension sometimes.

They investigated, and discovered a bolt that was corroded and almost all the way out (mistake I made was not actually asking what that bolt was screwed into :rolleyes: )

The bolt has been replaced, but apparently having been screwed back in the car they can't get the geo back together. It's a noticeable problem too, the car won't drive true so they won't let me take the car either so I can bring it down to WIM.

Any ideas what the issue is? Any other dealer and I'd suspect they were just trying to rip me off but these guys have had many chances to do that over the years and they're a pretty honest bunch so I'm pretty sure that's not it, just a bit concerned as to what's happened to the car as the geo at WIM wasn't that long ago and all was fine.

Just got off the phone with Lexus, not sure what the bolt was but will find out and let me know in a bit, only thing they did know for sure was that it was one of the adjusting bolts used for the geo.

Been told the track rod ends (not sure what they are) were seized solid so they've cut them off? New ones will be fitted tomorrow (at minimal cost it seems) and then all should be fine.

Does that help explain the scenario at all? :rolleyes:

I'll guess it's a bolt for the camber then?

The TRE (Track Rod Ends) are used to adjust the toe. When was your last geo, I wouldn't of thought they'd be that seized they need cutting off?

I'll guess it's a bolt for the camber then?

The TRE (Track Rod Ends) are used to adjust the toe. When was your last geo, I wouldn't of thought they'd be that seized they need cutting off?

This is where I'm a bit confused too, my last geo was around 2 months ago when I had the new tyres fitted........