How clever is this vid

That's excellent and weird. Looks like it's been done with Lego but it's obviously speed and the focus not on the subject I think.

It's a technique call 'tilt shift' I think. Here's the first one I saw

That's excellent and weird. Looks like it's been done with Lego but it's obviously speed and the focus not on the subject I think.

It's a technique call 'tilt shift' I think. Here's the first one I saw

It's a combination of tilt and shift and time lapse. Time lapse is pretty familiar and is what creates the slightly jerky speeded-up action.

Tilt and shift lenses are used typically in architectural photography to get the film plane parallel to the face of a building to remove the distortion that results from tilting the camera.

They can however also be used to throw the upper and lower portions of the image out of focus giving the impression of narrow depth of field. This fools the eye/brain into thinking that the camera is much closer to the scene than it is and further, into believing that the scene must therefore be a reduced-scale model.