quick question about tyres....

adam_r

please dont shoot me for asking this but:

currently i have 225/45/17 vred ultrac sessantas on my honda alloys which are 17" x 7JJ

im looking at getting some new tryes and have found some but not in the same size as above....

i can either get a

215/50/17

215/55/17

or

235/45/17

now would the 235 fit the 7JJ rim? or would it be advisable to go for the 215/50/17 ?

Cheers

Adam

thats what i was thinking :blink: i know the 235 will fit on a 7.5jj rim.. but i guess they may be a little too wide for the 7JJ rim.

its a shame they dont make 225/45/17's but hey ho.. for the price i cant complain!

btw planning on getting these :

http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/neuton-nt5000...zr17-p-826.html

please dont shoot me for asking this but:

currently i have 225/45/17 vred ultrac sessantas on my honda alloys which are 17" x 7JJ

im looking at getting some new tryes and have found some but not in the same size as above....

i can either get a

215/50/17

215/55/17

or

235/45/17

now would the 235 fit the 7JJ rim? or would it be advisable to go for the 215/50/17 ?

Cheers

Adam

No one gets shot down in wim......

You could fit 215/50 but the cornering will feel more sloppy.... Or you could fit 235/40 ( not 45 ) but you may feel the cat tram-lining.

thanks Tony, since they dont do that size again would a 215/45/17 be ok ?

maybe i should just buy another set of vred's but at £87 a corner + delivery + fitting i dont think they are worth it.

I have 215/45/17 and they're great when cornering hard. If you like doing this I would not go for a budget tyre though, I've never heard of that brand but I'd imagine it is?

i have been playing around with the tyre calculator, but still advice from someone who knows their stuff is helpful.

the brand of tyre isnt well known but a lot of the boys with tuned saabs run them and they seem to cope with a fair bit of power.