Tyres to replace F1s

parthiban

I think I'm going to need new tyres on the rear pretty soon as I'm down to about 3mm so thought I'd decide which ones I need before it gets to the point that I actually need them.

I've been really happy with the performance of the Eagle F1As, except when it got really cold and then they seemed to have really bad grip problems so don't want to replace with the same.

Been reading a few things on the net, and the following seem to come out on top (with the contis at the top of everything). Which should I go for out of this list?

Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Continental Sport Contact 3 (topped the autocar and autoexpress 2010 tyre tests)

Continental Sport Contact 5 (these are new, don't seem to be any reviews about)

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

I had factory fit Contis 3's on my Skoda Superb but since its a FWD I dunno if its relevant but I really hated them they are noisier than the FI's and the wear wasnt great a full set had gone in around 18k , bearing in mind this is a daily hack up and down the motorway thats not great

That said other Superb drivers really like them , performance wise i had no issues , way more tyre than the car really needs in my case

i can vouch for the sessantas.

AMAZING tyre in wet and dry, probably the best i have owned as todate.

as tony said though.. they are a little short on life... i got 15k- 20k out of my fronts, but I do drive quite hard and do make use of their grip around corners ;)

I will be putting another 2 on very shortly (fronts only) as they need replacing and the fact i have a little one on the way so want some decent rubber on the road. It also means i will be driving more sedately, so will be interesting to see what type of milage i get out of these.

I had factory fit Contis 3's on my Skoda Superb but since its a FWD I dunno if its relevant but I really hated them they are noisier than the FI's and the wear wasnt great a full set had gone in around 18k , bearing in mind this is a daily hack up and down the motorway thats not great

That said other Superb drivers really like them , performance wise i had no issues , way more tyre than the car really needs in my case

Lol i find them really quiet but thats in comparison to the toyo T1Rs

Cheers for the replies, I've read a few reviews now that say the Sessantas are fantastic in the dry but not great in the wet, is that not correct then?

The eagle f1s are so good in the wet I don't want to take a backward step, according to reviews only the michelins and contis seem to get close to the goodyears..........