What's the laws take on this?

Tony

Is there a legal requirement for the type of blinker :huh:

Wikipedia says "Turn signals are required to blink on and off, or "flash", at a steady rate of between 60 and 120 blinks per minute (Although some operate slower than this).[5][15] International regulations require that all turn signals activated at the same time (i.e., all right signals or all left signals) flash in simultaneous phase with one another"

I thought there would be laws on this...... What about yank motors with red blinkers :huh:

Not allowed in the UK, although I got away with the 'red-outs' on the IS250 for about three years (until the last MOT where the tester was a little more observant than he was on the first one).

I thought there would be laws on this...... What about yank motors with red blinkers :huh:

Not allowed in the UK, although I got away with the 'red-outs' on the IS250 for about three years (until the last MOT where the tester was a little more observant than he was on the first one).

ive just passed an MOT with redouts :D

I just passed the mot with my Lancer with no cat on it , doesnt mean its legal :huh::D

Yep red lenses on yanks arent legal many people fit temporary indicators like motorcycle ones and then remove them after the test , or like me just find a friendly mot guy

Agreed if it passes without a cat then happy days.... Finding an MOT tester with grit in his eye and a drink problem are few and far between nowadays.

there is nothing to say it has to have a cat !

just that it needs to pass emmisions

but they do need to have a model to base the emmissions figure on

when its an imported model with no equavalent in this country, it starts getting difficult for them :huh:

Agreed if it passes without a cat then happy days.... Finding an MOT tester with grit in his eye and a drink problem are few and far between nowadays.

there is nothing to say it has to have a cat !

just that it needs to pass emmisions

but they do need to have a model to base the emmissions figure on

when its an imported model with no equavalent in this country, it starts getting difficult for them :huh:

yeah used to be but more and more are added to the databases my Skyline wasnt on there for the first two years i had it but was added later and from 2011 there will be stricter rules for diesels

whole thing is a nonsense , i had my Octavia done today (sailed through) but the tester showed me a heavily corroded brake disc that up until recently would have been a fail but provided it passes the brake test condition is now unimportant unless its actually cracked