Whipsnade Zoo

Rich

Went there today, had a really good day and took loads of photos, here are some that I'm fairly pleased with. Straight out of the camera with some cropping done and all with my new lens. Taken in aperture mode and I was adjusting the autofocus area but everything else was in auto.

We have decided to get ourselves some annual passes as they are doing 12 months for the price of 9 plus refunding today's tickets so it doesn't work out that much. This will also include London Zoo so I can get loads of practise now, I was rushing abit today and some of my shots weren't that good.

I think I'm gonna have to get myself a book to read/reference to as I was struggling with some of the settings and wasn't sure what I should be using. Anyway, here's the photos <_>

whipsnade_01.jpg

whipsnade_02.jpg

whipsnade_03.jpg

whipsnade_04.jpg

whipsnade_05.jpg

whipsnade_06.jpg

whipsnade_07.jpg

whipsnade_08.jpg

whipsnade_09.jpg

whipsnade_10.jpg

whipsnade_11.jpg

whipsnade_12.jpg

whipsnade_13.jpg

whipsnade_14.jpg

whipsnade_15.jpg

Cheers, I'm getting the hang of it, but still loads to learn and room for improvement. As for the colours they are sooo much better than my bridge camera, I'm very pleased with it so far <_>

• 3 weeks later...
Blue parrots are the best shots in my opinion.

It's very difficult photographing birds in flight, same for butterflies...I need alot more practise for those kind of shots as most of my others were no good.

Alot of my photos have been cropped though as my zoom isn't long enough. Unfortunately I won't be able to go any higher than 200mm unless I win the lotto as these lenses are a good few grand! :o I was really pleased with the monkey one though as that was shot through glass.