The Blue Monster's back......

Tony

post-2-1279825471.jpg

This is the BMW M3 powered, Midget cabined, Locost chassis animal we sorted last year, but now we have adjustable upper A arms

post-2-1279825627.jpg

The need for these was the only way the camber could be adjusted was by moving the upper ball joint

post-2-1279825719.jpg

Problem going it this way is the SAI disparity over the axle was nearly three degrees..... not good, plus there was imbalance with the castor making the car pull.

Plan was to even the SAI by moving the upper pivotal points, then use the A arm to off-set the pivotal point thus changing the castor, two hours later and with a fast road calibration it was job done..... Although i'm still not happy with the welded steering arms :smile_anim:

post-2-1279825965.jpg

The power house

post-2-1279826001.jpg

The car undressed

post-2-1279826025.jpg

Fair play to the owner who's done all the work - the engine install looks tidy. I'd have to say though i wouldn't fancy having a prang in that. Has it got a cage?

Whats the handling like with the wider arse and a short wheelbase etc..? Looks like it could be a bit of a handful in general?