BOGOF at Halfords

Rich

He is very local, just looking at his site there are different grades of clay - what do I need to use?

The address on the site is his parents place but he lives nearer to the M25 so only 5 minutes away...I think he lets you collect from both though.

Jap paint is very soft so prone to marring if you're not careful, the one I linked to is what you need as it's not as harsh. I got it to use on S2IM's honda for when we detail that :thumbsup_anim:

Just checked my local stores, showed in stock when quantity was 1, but then out of stock when I put in 2 so might just be that these stores only carry one. However, Chingford, Tottenham and Borehamwood all showed still in stock when I changed quantity to 2 so they are a possibility. I'm going to see if I might be able to get down to one of them over the weekend, but I've got a really nutty weekend with weddings and birthdays (hence not making the wim meet) so not sure if I'll have time.

Same here, Watford showed as in stock, went there and it was all gone. Hemel was showing in stock but had none and now the same with Uxbridge. Their reservation system is crap, I've had problems with it before and should've learnt my lesson then!

Edit - Uxbridge is still showing the clay in stock on their website and that's for 2.

The address on the site is his parents place but he lives nearer to the M25 so only 5 minutes away...I think he lets you collect from both though.

Jap paint is very soft so prone to marring if you're not careful, the one I linked to is what you need as it's not as harsh. I got it to use on S2IM's honda for when we detail that :thumbsup_anim:

I'm half way between that address and the M25, so either should probably be fine. But sorry I'm a bit confused now, is it the bilt hamber one of the ultra fine serious performance one that's best?

Jap paint is very soft so prone to marring if you're not careful, the one I linked to is what you need as it's not as harsh. I got it to use on S2IM's honda for when we detail that :D

I'm half way between that address and the M25, so either should probably be fine. But sorry I'm a bit confused now, is it the bilt hamber one of the ultra fine serious performance one that's best?

The ultra fine SP clay - This link here :thumbsup_anim:

You get 100g, which is the same as the Megs kit just not 2 separate bars. What you don't use you wrap tightly in clingfilm to stop it drying out and put it in a small tubaware box...as said earlier a shampoo mix will do as the lube.

sp_clay.jpg

Bilt-Hamber Auto-Clay Regular first - £9.95

Verta V-Clay Medium V recommended £9.45 ( new to the UK )

Both can be usd with water or a lube if you prefer.

I would've thought soft clay would've been first or did they only try regular?

Never heard of verta...where can you buy it from?

They tried both, Vertar form www.vertar.com

I went into Halfords yesterday, they only had one each of the Meguirs, Autoglym and most expensive products, coincidence or maybe their plan not to give too much expensive stuff on BOGOF. Well I walked out with nothing so it didn't work.

They tried both, Vertar form www.vertar.com

I went into Halfords yesterday, they only had one each of the Meguirs, Autoglym and most expensive products, coincidence or maybe their plan not to give too much expensive stuff on BOGOF. Well I walked out with nothing so it didn't work.

I'll keep an eye on DW for reviews then as I've not read anything on there about it or I've missed it - Link to clay

Yeah Halfords have really annoyed me with that and their crap reserve system that wastes your time!