How not to load the lorry

Tony

Seems he didn't as the rolls came through the cab :thumbsup_anim: couldn't tell if it was a left hooker or not.

He didn't do his security/load checks did he, Some/most rolls do get loaded verticaly and normally on blocks of wood with stoppers at each end and then either strapped or chained down.

It's shocking these very well rehearsed procedures aren't followed.... It's only the fact thew true outcome of the driver is not known that i post such images but like you i'm appalled.

Yeah for sure..... I suppose some member might wonder what these type of posts are all about, well the police and others do this all the time if only to make the driver think..... Could save a life that gif.

Yeah for sure..... I suppose some member might wonder what these type of posts are all about, well the police and others do this all the time if only to make the driver think..... Could save a life that gif.

It always gives me pause for thought when I pass lorries with basically unstable loads (logs, pipes, cable drums etc) that depend entirely upon chocking and lashing to keep them in place.

Twice I have had damage to my car as a result of a lorry ahead of me losing part of its load.

Well there you go then.... Cars are bad enough to those innocently damaged, heavy loads like the one in the thread impacts the worst ( maybe ) scenario. Fact remains both are avoidable, which is so, so sad.

I wonder if it was a training video to show the affects of NOT securing your load as it seemed to stop quite quickly!

Rich it could of been anything rolled up most HGV's can take up to 44tons on a trailer.

Rich it could of been anything rolled up most HGV's can take up to 44tons on a trailer.

That's why I thought they had trailers so things like this couldn't happen and the load were seperate...you're telling me those rolls burst through a trailer and then into the cab? :o