Talk to me about glass...

Tony

I have real cleaning issues with the glass on the Lotus, seemingly the inboard engine emits an oil mist that coats the glass.... I've used all manner of cleaners that in truth do nothing more than smear the oil.... Until now :)

post-2-1278430388.jpg

post-2-1278430403.jpg

post-2-1278430416.jpg

post-2-1278430429.jpg

post-2-1278430460.jpg

post-2-1278430509.jpg

post-2-1278430540.jpg

post-2-1278430570.jpg

Windowlene cream is the muts because it lifts the dirt from the glass rather than polish it.

Windowlene cream is the muts because it lifts the dirt from the glass rather than polish it.

Never thought of using that, but I'll give it a try as the inside of the rear screen on the 'F' has something on it that has resisted all attempts to clean it without smearing.

Another thumbs up for Auto Glym. I dont have any other products other than AG with the rare exception of a Meguiars Claybar and QD spray. The glass polish is great gear but the downsides is the white reside that can drop onto the paint and get caught in the trim.

Fast glass is better IMO with no residue, but you got to watch the overspray thats all.

Microfibre cloths are also a godsend for this and regular polishing. I got a s***load from costco for about 14 notes :o

Costco MF are brilliant for the dirty jobs, but I don't use them on the paint, abit too harsh for that. Screwfix also do some cheap ones, 50 for £20...will be getting those once I've used all the costco ones but that won't be for a while.

As for glass cleaner I really rate the Meguiars concentrate one, it dilutes and cleans very well but you can only buy it in 5L bottles :o I had a sample and 50ml made 1 litre of cleaner!

Costco MF are brilliant for the dirty jobs, but I don't use them on the paint, abit too harsh for that. Screwfix also do some cheap ones, 50 for £20...will be getting those once I've used all the costco ones but that won't be for a while.

As for glass cleaner I really rate the Meguiars concentrate one, it dilutes and cleans very well but you can only buy it in 5L bottles :o I had a sample and 50ml made 1 litre of cleaner!

Really you think they are too harsh !? (The luminous yellow ones?) They are as smooth as a babies backside :o The main thing i make a point of is i always have an applicator cloth for each product (glass/paint/black trim) and always a clean cloth to remove. Works perfectly, but does create a bit of washing :o I can see these cloths lasting donkeys years though.. well worth the money IMO

Really you think they are too harsh !? (The luminous yellow ones?) They are as smooth as a babies backside :D

You've obviously never felt a plush MF then, now they are smoooooth :D I use these on the paint

They look good enough to sleep in lol

I'd be really suprised if a regular MF (of a good quality) would be considered no good though. I've nothing bad to say about them personally and i have the luxury of changing to a fresh one as many times as i want... :)

Really you think they are too harsh !? (The luminous yellow ones?) They are as smooth as a babies backside :D

You've obviously never felt a plush MF then, now they are smoooooth :) I use these on the paint

They look good enough to sleep in lol

I'd be really suprised if a regular MF (of a good quality) would be considered no good though. I've nothing bad to say about them personally and i have the luxury of changing to a fresh one as many times as i want... :)

That's what the drying towels are for! :D

The costco ones have a shorter pile and might feel ok to the touch but some of them can cause marring or micro scratches/swirling to the paint. This is why I use the plush ones for removing wax or quick detailer. I do have some poorboys ones that have the same pile as the costco ones but don't feel as harsh, I think! It all depends on how anal you want to be about it...as I have a black car I have to be very careful what I use :D