Have they been wrecked?

sophos9

Hey, hoping for a little help please :)

I ordered Toyo Proxies via mail order, they arrived today - I'm pretty concerned about them as they both look buggered. I've never done mail order tyres but heres the thing, it looks like they have been over fastened and have bent the rim of the tyre in two places and has pushed the tyre wall out

Here some photos - fecked or will they come straight under pressure?

thanks in advance

4706406095_44f9d06c92.jpg

4707045774_24a8dd60b9.jpg

4706405411_10a97a666d.jpg

4707045222_958bdaa993.jpg

4707044976_ebb842057a.jpg

4706404671_923e70b1ee.jpg

It's normal, the tyres where probably warm when they got wrapped. Once inflated the only time you need to be concerned is if the tyre structure bulges out, anything inverted is not a problem.

Anyway how come you didn't buy the tyres from our online tyres sales :)

Thanks mate, good to know.

I know mate, I cannot believe it - a few minutes ago I checked your main site and saw you are black hoops!!! I will have some more tyres coming up soon so now I know, you will get all my business as a way to say thanks

I'm having these tyres fitted tomorrow, what is the state of liability if I get them fitted and there are still bulges in the tyre wall?

Thanks matey

Great, thanks man :)

Oh and by the way it's "Black boots not Black hoops" :)

Ah yea, its been a long day :) :P

Regardless of name, you will get my trade from now on!

Easy mistake, particularly after a long hard day :)

Hey Tony, you were right again...

Fitted today and pulled into shape no problems - all is good apart from the tyres stinking of pi$$, they reek seriously

Good news..... Told ya!.... Can't explain the p**sy smell but i'm sure this will go away over time.

Yes mate, you were right - I have noticed another problem which I think I have an answer for but cannot understand the answer, here goes...

Geometry was set up last week with a trusted company however when I drove away, car was pulling left. Knowing the geometry was good, I then tested run out on brake discs, they were less than 0.1mm which is inside spec. Then changed the front wheels for the rears, tested the car and it drove perfect, straight with no pulling so I suspected tyre wear.

I've had the new tyres fitted as the post above, I asked the fitters to put these on the front of the car and take the ones from the front and put them on the back (so the car was the same as before I moved anything away) and guess what, the car is pulling to the left again.

I can only be left with wheel problem as I've eliminated the tyres. I'll move the new front tyres and wheels to the back and put the backs on the front again to see if it drives straight again, I suspect it will

Radial runout would cause vibration, how could a wheel have excess lateral runout to make it pull to one side?

Thanks in advance, hope the above makes sense

Great, will check them out when I get back to the car. Will also check runout in the wheel both inside and out just to be sure - strange that it happened with those wheels on the front with the old tyres and it happens again once new tyres are fitted

Will update soon