slow motion

phipck

well im fortunate enought to have finaly sorted a holiday, so this week im posting from (suprisingly) sunny York.

im very much into ancient achitecture and ruins but something ive always had fun with is slowing the world down to see what it looks like, heres a couple of shots of a recognisable York fountain at around 2000th of a second

dsc06115d.jpg

dsc06098e.jpg

still lots for me to learn, please comment :o

With a shutter speed so fast I could almost juggle camera and still get a "still" image! So no tripod. The first pic is focused on the nearest fountain, but the second admitadly is a little zoomed out for some peoples tastes. I did take more, but thought I'd pop two varied ones

I helped to run an archery event yesterday, a clout shoot.

This bloke was pulling a longbow of similar draw weight to those used at Agincourt etc - well in excess of 100 lb and with heavy arrows to match. It was spectacular to watch.

20100606HeavyLongbow.jpg

Photo details: Canon EOS 1DIII with 100mm lens. ISO 400; 1/4000th sec; f/5.6; Exposure compensation -2/3EV.

i love archery and the Agincourt bows are something to be impressed about, the only bow i have seen to be much stronger are the ones removed from the mary rose which were argued that no man could fire! im sure ive seen the ex world record holder pull a 200 from memory! absolutely astounding!

again a cracking shot!