WIM Tuned S2000 Visits Woodbridge

conanius

Hi All,

Not posted for a while, but just for clarity for those that don't know, Tony has done a significant amount of work on my s2000 to try and help me extract the best from it.

In summary, handling wise the car has

Cusco Front ARB (32MM)

Cusco Rear ARB (30MM)

Cusco Front lower brace

Cusco Rear Lower Brace

Cusco Front Upper Brace

Mugen Caster Bushes

Powerflex Purple Polybushes on all other points

Tein S-Tech Springs

and most importantly..... literally hours of Tony tweaking the car to my liking !

Recently Tony made some adjustments for a trackday I had at Cadwell Park (Back in February) but sadly the day was cancelled due to snow. I rebooked today at Woodbridge as an opportunity to give the settings a go !

Overall, the car is a totally different beast now. Yes, I did spin off twice, but both totally down to driver error carrying in far too much speed to the corners (confidence was that high :huh:) with tyres that were really struggling after 2-3 laps (Bridgestone Potenza RE050a's)

For a lot of the day I had a friend of mine Nick passengering with me. His summary was that I basically spent the day going sideways but in total control of everything... In honesty, it was the geometry holding the car together, even beyond the limit !

Videos are just processing on my Mac now, I'll have them updated and linked from here shortly.

Basically, see this thread as a bloody great big thank you Tony !

Fair point ! I try not to think about the cost though.... I certainly wasn't thinking about it today when we were whizzing round the track ! My big issues of the day were brakes overheating (Beyond a joke now) and the tyres overheating and running out of grip.

Plan is to get a brake duct kit to solve the brakes issue, and then look at my tyre options. In honesty thought I'm restrained by budget for now

Tyres delaminating can be down to pressure, so this is worth experimenting with, also the geo comes into this since the setup is geared for grip, obviously grip = heat making the tyres sacrificial...... within reason.

plays ok on the WIM PCs so I had a quick watch during a brief downtime. Sounds great, especially the tyre squeal ha!

Yep, a photographer was there taking some snaps, picture of me taking a corner with the base of the tyre gripping the road, but the wheel almost rolling over it !

plays ok on the WIM PCs so I had a quick watch during a brief downtime. Sounds great, especially the tyre squeal ha!

Yep, a photographer was there taking some snaps, picture of me taking a corner with the base of the tyre gripping the road, but the wheel almost rolling over it !

Methinks more PSI all round!

h

surely more PSI = more heat = looses grip quicker? I'm already running 32PSI!

More PSI would stiffen the tyrewall to make it less prone to roll over. Once it rolls over then steering becomes very... interesting

What is the normal pressure for you?

h

surely more PSI = more heat = looses grip quicker? I'm already running 32PSI!

More PSI would stiffen the tyrewall to make it less prone to roll over. Once it rolls over then steering becomes very... interesting

What is the normal pressure for you?

h

32PSI, these blighters are dam sensitive to tyre pressure and with these tyres 32psi is what everyone runs regardless of situation

More psi would reduce the size of the contact patch and run cooler. In truth there's not a lot can be done with the pneumatic slip angle because this is a tyre size issue not a geometric or suspension issue. Running the chassis lower and stiffer only allows more yaw corner-in compounding the tyres roll effect, lower the tyres aspect ratio will reduce the slip.