Chevrolet Camaro 1988 IROC-Z

ukzz4iroc

Hi all,

Up till not the car always tracked straight but the steering wheel was always left hand down 1/8 turn. Last weekend I went to Southam Tyres to get 4 new tyres and an alignment done.

The nearside strut mount was all the way in towards the engine before having the alignment looked at today.

They moved the nearside strut to about half way (so back toward the wing) and they moved the passenger side strut all the way towards the engine. This was the correct camber and so from there on they did the rest of the alignment.

Driving home it does feel more responsive.. BUT the steering wheel now pulls to the right(offside)!! Not badly but enough to annoy me a little.

I used these settings-

Caster- 4-1/2 degrees positive

Camber- 1/2 degree negative

Should I have allowed for the crown on UK roads? Should the camber on the nearside be neutral or even a small amount positive?

Any help really welcomed!

Hello

The camber positions would allow a pull to the left not the right..... To belay a drift due to the road crown the castor angle should be staggered, in addition a pneumatics is the most common reason for a pull so it would be wise to move the front wheel/tyres side-to-side then test drive.