Prepare not to be surprised "yawn"....

Customer in today has a Merc who has a mate who works for Merc and was asked to stop the car pulling.....Failed...... The owner came to us today with adjuster bolts ( i assume supplied by the mate) and we corrected the pull.

This happens time and time and time and time again..... Albeit crap fit or a dealer... "WHY?".

I'm going to assume nationally people reading the figures don't understand they are also forces and then dynamic forces with fluid interactive changes offering stability..... I struggle to believe wim are the only one's out there who understands these forces!... Surly high end dealerships set a minimum qualification before staff can set the chassis?

........Seemingly not!

Yeah but it's bad though don't you agree...... I can set a 600 bhp car to dance around a Maypole but the same calibration in the wrong hands could be, car meets bus stop time and make the news.....

It's really bad with the power some of these machines have - it's all about understanding though isn't it. You actually understand what's going on and interpret them as the forces that will be inflicted on the car.

Any ordinary tech just wants to see the numbers line up to what's provided by the manufacturer.

Knowledge is the problem..........how to fix it is an even bigger one.........

Time to set up in house corporate training for dealerships.........You'll make a mint.

Not sure about "mint" but the fitting partners around the UK will have to adopt the wim-way so i'm making inroads slowly.

• 1 month later...

Officially regulated no. Most national company's formulate a minimal standard that regulates a grandaunt of understanding consisting of "levels", each level, grade 1 or 2 or whatever gives the technician the right to train technician's on a lower level.

The regulatory body has not idea or understanding of the content, only the fashion the information is passed from one person to another, assuming this is done correctly the "teacher" will pass, but only in transporting knowledge not the content or the value of the knowledge being transported.

Elevated degrees in motorsport apply but the fast-fit industry are Scott free hence the historic complaints from consumers.

wim is about to open a national network with a platform never seen before, we are several months behind schedule because it's been that hard to bring the centres involved up to code. I won't open this door until the network can operate the wim-way.

I am in talks with the tyre industry to set a minimum operational standards and they are very scared, seemingly our minimum standard will exclude about 90% of company's so the proposal is on hold?..... 90% ;)

I'm a qualified instructor so i can validate NCQ's and alike, I also passed the Pro-Drive chassis dynamics papers offered by TDI and some 35yrs in the field so i'm reasonably clued up.

So what's the options?

1: Open a national network that operate out standards....... Tick

2: Police each centre independently of the current pants regulation...... Tick

3: Restrict membership unless the above are solidified...... Tick

4: Set a new set of regulations without authority..... Not so sure but the general public need assurance so i hope so.

"Pro-Drive chassis dynamics papers offered by TDI""

More info please!

I was unable to attend the three day course but Sam@tdi did and passed, i followed his course work/ test papers and passed them.