lowered the astra yesterday

jammy

and took a grand totall of 2 hours :o now major probs just a sheered droplink :S even my steerin wheel is still where it was before lowering :D took the steering arms off from the rack insted of from trackrod end :)

first off i was greeted with some ice

05012010.jpg

good job wasnt today as were covered in snow now :)

rears fitted only in this 1....didnt lower it much tbh

05012010002.jpg

and with fronts fitted.....which came down quite nice i think :)

05012010004.jpg

gunna get some decent pics soon :)

just gotta pray the back drops abit more when settled or shes gettin 60'd asap

its how mk3 astras sit for some reason :S mk2s dont lol......... and most kits for mk3 are lik 60/40 drop 40/30s etc ive found some koni rears which from mk2 and 60mm so il give that a try and hope the rear sits slightly lower then the front :o

was actually quite warm :S i have a major bangin goin on at the rear sometimes though :/ nothin loose nothin broke and nothin catchin anythin

realy odd.............dont do it all the time but when it does dam its a fud and a half

well i got the rear down another 15mm without new springs :) no i havent chopped them or got loads of stuff in the boot....i removed the 2 rubber pads from eact side that sit ontop and under the spring :) and flipped the springs up the other way.....i thought though on progressive springs the thay would go with the closer coils at the top and uses the bottom part thats left for springyness...but like that the smaller coil at the bottom was catchin on every bump and was makin a hgorrid crunch noise...now up otherway its stopped :D pi's fittin guide says main coils at the top to...