Anti freeze tester

They should be alright as a guide.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_229902

At the price you would be a fool not to. Try it in water then in neat antifreeze to guage how accurate it is.

That's the one....I need a couple of squeegees so it will work out at 50p with the 3 for 2...gotta be worth a punt for that price :D

Doesn't look like they have changed it in over 20 years :) A little plastic tube on the end will help it go in further :D

I didn't have any tubing though :smile_anim: Seems silly making them that short though or not supplying additional tubing.

I was testing it in the sink, even the slightest air bubble makes the balls float so have to be careful when doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have found the most useless product halfrauds sell!! Tried to use it to test mine today and even that wouldn't reach into the tank! :rolleyes: Anybody want this and I'll post it to your for free, just PM me! :)

I have bought the exact same one Tony has on ebay for £4.50, bargain :smile_anim:

Haha, I couldn't tell the size difference from the separate pics - that ridiculous!

The halfords one looks like it should be used for eyedrops :lol:

I'm glad it only cost me 50p and not the 2 quid it should be! ;)

I must admit to never having tested my coolant.

Its still the orignal stuff in there from the factory 6 years ago lol

On the mondeo? Shouldn't it be changed every 3 years or something like that?

Ford state, that aslong as it topped up with the ford antifreeze in the correct mix, that it will last at least 10years but could last the life of the car.

It was checked at the last service ( i normaly do them my self, but im lazy now so had it done for me.... oonly cost me £15 more than doing it myself lol ) and it registered safe to -15 so im happy with that

I will try and dig out my handbook and quote it :D