Snow Tyres Advice please. (Bit previous I know...)

NickT

Have you tried www.etyres.co.uk helped me with winter tyres.

Do you work for them...sign up today and your first post is a link to a rival site!! -_-

I don't think Tony needs to be worried of the competition anyway ;)

Edit - Looking at your email yes you do! :rolleyes:

Nicely spotted! The marketing department must be doing the rounds!!

I thought it was too much of a coincidence ;)

Glad I got my winter tyres when they were in stock and cheaper !

I got them for my astra in the end with a set of steel rims from the local scrapyard, keeping summer tyres on alloys.

We are using this car for travelling as it has narrower tyres and Im not bothered if it gets dented.

Snow tyres makes a load of difference !

Luckily the Mrs can drop me off on her way to work and back.

Unluckily, I can still get into work :rolleyes:

Oh well,

Nick.

Given that the (eunos) MX-5 is limited to 180kph, and I have no intention of removing that limit, I often wonder if running all year round on the winters would be better than keeping two sets of wheels. I've driven in Germany in winter and most locals there say the only limitation on winter tyres is not to exceed 210kph.

Given the amount of rain in this country, I reckon it could be very few occasions that a true summer tyre is needed?

Given that the (eunos) MX-5 is limited to 180kph, and I have no intention of removing that limit, I often wonder if running all year round on the winters would be better than keeping two sets of wheels. I've driven in Germany in winter and most locals there say the only limitation on winter tyres is not to exceed 210kph.

Given the amount of rain in this country, I reckon it could be very few occasions that a true summer tyre is needed?

Winter tyres don't fare so well when it gets warm, so winter all year round isn't the best option.

Maybe M&S (multi service) tyres are the way to go then?

Do you mean AS (all season?) Nokian do quite a good range of all season (or four season i think they call them) tyres.