Wheel Alignment - How often?

The reason that I ask this, is that I had my alignment checked less than 2,000 miles ago....and the results differed to that of the today.

Let me explain.

77,700 miles, but with no correction - I left it how it is.

ali1p.jpg

79,230 miles, still no changes to the car, but the alignment has some how fixed itself.

ali2o.jpg

The alignment was then fixed.

ali3.jpg

Toe is the easiest angle to displace so it could have corrected it's position "by chance".... Other factors that will change the position is temperature, this will have a bearing on bushing compliance and damper compression.

Doesn't mention which car it is. Could one where you need to add pre-load to the front and have a full fuel tank etc too.

If it's the Ford Mondeo, aren't these renowned for front bush wear and other compliance problems?

I think it's on Garys mondeo, which is also a MK3 so wishbone bushes should be ok.

It's the MK1 and 2 that has issues with wishbone bushes wearing as I would know! :rolleyes:

tyre wear seems to match the first print-out then....?

It would appear so, anyway I've just hit the biggest pothole I've ever hit, so now my alignment really will be knackered. Why do I bother!!! :)

Poxy road condition :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Lads, 2 questions.

I got my alignment done 1000 miles ago, but have now had 2 new tyres fitted. Will my alignment be out again? If so, I have done 160 miles on my new tyres, will they have started to wear funny already? (as in getting it stuck in their memory).

I really hope I dont have to spend another £70 on alignment!! (and yes I should have got them changed before the alignment...)

Excellent, in that case my alignment should match the above picture, saying that I did hit a massive bump in the road!!! The operator told me a car needs aligning with every new set of tyres, this matches what I read in a fast ford / performance ford magazine when they did a feature on a certain company down south. But I take WIM's word for it! :D

Excellent, in that case my alignment should match the above picture, saying that I did hit a massive bump in the road!!! The operator told me a car needs aligning with every new set of tyres, this matches what I read in a fast ford / performance ford magazine when they did a feature on a certain company down south. But I take WIM's word for it! :D

Their talking bollox.... It's wise to measure the chassis with each tyre change but not a requirement.

The tyres condition during a calibration "cannot" influence the readings.. The tyre does "not" have the constructive energy to change the angles. The actual geometric angles is why the tyres are wearing "not" the other way around.

Excellent thank you, the garage insisted my steering wheel won't be straight with new tyres.

Do you want me to speak to them because their obviously in need of education!! The actual chassis positions are a constant, the angles are not aware of the wheels or tyres so they cannot be influenced by new tyres, in fact when i calibrate a chassis i don't even need the wheel on the car!!