WIM MX5 Demo Car - Settings

Steve-O

Hi Tony

Is the WIM/GAZ demo car running one of the standard WIM fast road 'templates' or was it a special config ? :) I'm aiming for the gaz coilover solution (on the basis i can stay close to a OEM ride confort) but in the mean time is it reasonable to think we could get somewhere roundabout the demo setup on stock suspension and 15 inch rims ?

I am guessing there are benefits regardless on getting the wagon on the ramp and see where we stand!

Got my MX5 now you will be pleased to hear anyway - fast mover me !! :huh:

Cheers

Steve

FM that was quick :huh: ....... so what you got then MK1/2/2.5 "PICTURES REQUIRED!!"

The wim/GAZ car runs "fast road" coils @ 375/300 if i recall correctly, but these are custom made to suit each owner anyway......... Um "pictures"!!!!

FM that was quick :huh: ....... so what you got then MK1/2/2.5 "PICTURES REQUIRED!!"

The wim/GAZ car runs "fast road" coils @ 375/300 if i recall correctly, but these are custom made to suit each owner anyway......... Um "pictures"!!!!

Yet to take some of my own pics so heres the autotrader one for now :

mx5_1.jpg

UK 1.8i, 1997 (P), 84k, and absolutely standard apart from the 15's on yokohama rubber. Sills are mint!

There are a couple of bits that need sorting like new air filter, rocker cover gasket and rear discs (corroded)I think the wheel balancing needs looking at as well but otherwise the car is mint. New hood recently, has a tonneau cover, spare wheel and jack present...

The drive back yesterday in 24 degree heat was a defining moment for me - what better day to have my first soft top experience..and my first case of driving related sun burn bombing round the b roads of ashridge/berkhamstead lol!, that and the cornering on the high speed slip road onto the m25 - great fun !! :)

Oh and best part is the insurance - £220 fully comp !! RESULT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks very, very clean :)

Thanks tony:)

how you set saturday to bring it over and see what state she is in? Would be good to to get under her myself and have a good look poke around and see what the score is!

Steve

how you set saturday to bring it over and see what state she is in? Would be good to to get under her myself and have a good look poke around and see what the score is!

Steve

Late afternoon we should have time just to look her over..... I've got some coilovers in the centre now for you to play with.

Steve

Late afternoon we should have time just to look her over..... I've got some coilovers in the centre now for you to play with.

Coilovers - niiice :) Those will have to wait a bit until funds replenish a bit, Will give me time to enjoy her as mazda intended anyway so its not all bad :)

Was thinking about getting her wheels rebalanced and chassis calibrated so i am more than happy to wait until you have a slot whenever that may be ?

Steve

Coilovers - niiice :) Those will have to wait a bit until funds replenish a bit, Will give me time to enjoy her as mazda intended anyway so its not all bad :)

Was thinking about getting her wheels rebalanced and chassis calibrated so i am more than happy to wait until you have a slot whenever that may be ?

Does it need to be on a Sat?

Steve

Its nice but not strictly necessary - i can swap shifts during the week and come on a quiet afternoon ?

Steve

Its nice but not strictly necessary - i can swap shifts during the week and come on a quiet afternoon ?

That would work out better..... the next Sat is not for three weeks.

Steve

Suits me mate - i'll check the calendar at work and let you know tomorrow but i think anythings possible as long as i give my workmates a bit of warning :)

Steve

Suits me mate - i'll check the calendar at work and let you know tomorrow but i think anythings possible as long as i give my workmates a bit of warning :)

Good old workmates :)