IS300 geometry

Albabhoy

Tony

After reading this forum I have realized that I am not alone in scrubbing front tyre inner edges in 4k miles. B)

I am a bit far away from WIM to get down there and get the problem fixed as I live in the Glasgow area, could you PM me the correct settings so I can get this sorted at a local garage.

IS300 Sportcross 51 plate

standard 17" rims with goodyear F1's

215/45/17 front

225/45/17 rear

Thanks in advance :thumbsup_anim:

Dave

• 1 month later...
4k....... That's the worst i've heard of in a long time....... pm sent :lol:

Tony,

I live in Atlanta, Georgia and just bought a used 2001 Lexus IS300. It had nearly new tires when I bought it just one month ago. The tires are now worn so badly that I cannot drive the car. I am beginning to understand why the previous seller had it on the market.

Would you be so kind as to send me the geometry settings that everyone else has been so grateful to obtain?

Thanks in advance.

4k....... That's the worst i've heard of in a long time....... pm sent :lol:

Tony,

I live in Atlanta, Georgia and just bought a used 2001 Lexus IS300. It had nearly new tires when I bought it just one month ago. The tires are now worn so badly that I cannot drive the car. I am beginning to understand why the previous seller had it on the market.

Would you be so kind as to send me the geometry settings that everyone else has been so grateful to obtain?

Thanks in advance.

Email sent :lol:

Must admit there has been alot and i mean HUNDRED`s of people on the american lexus site( MY IS) forum about the dreaded inner tyre wear problems......i would post the thread up on the forum but cant seem to get the link to work...even though im a basic member on there.....

• 2 weeks later...

Troy from Australia here ;)

Was wondering if i can get a recomendation, about to get a full allinment as i have just lowered the car on a set of tein CS coilovers (very noisy ;) clunk clunk lol)

In a 03' aus delivered is300

Also running the following:

17x8 +32 215/45

17x9 +38 235/45

Im lowered 1 maybe 2 inches (finger gap) and had to get the rear gards rolled due to scrubbing :smile_anim:

Awesome forum btw just spent the last hour in the Horror of the Week

• 1 month later...
4k....... That's the worst i've heard of in a long time....... pm sent :)

Tony,

Thanks in advance.

Email sent :huh:

Tony,

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tony,

I have a stock 2004 IS300 experiencing the inner edge tire wear. Can you send me the correct aligment geometry settings to get even tire wear? I've been to several aligment shops and replaced numerous sets of tires. You are my last hope.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Tony,

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tony,

I have a stock 2004 IS300 experiencing the inner edge tire wear. Can you send me the correct aligment geometry settings to get even tire wear? I've been to several aligment shops and replaced numerous sets of tires. You are my last hope.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Here are the settings for the IS200/300/sc

REAR

Camber: 55’ Negative

Toe: 6’ Positive (partial)

Thrust: 0. Or as near to but no more than 5’

FRONT

Camber: 10 to 15’ Negative

Castor: 6 Degrees Positive if possible + - 30’

KPI/ SJI: even +- 30’

Included angle: - not relevant (unless uneven by more than 45’)

Toe: 4’ Positive (partial)

You should have a "Download the Lexus Geometry Update Data - £1 PayPal Donation" or something similar.

Keep the PayPal Link on every email you send out that contains the Geometry Data or ask if it is put on the bottom of the message if posted on a forum and ask it gets forwarded if the data is used elsewhere.

Moneys go to Cancer charity/ charity of choice that your mum would have liked ??

Just a thought.

NickT

• 1 month later...

Hi, Corey from Trinidad & Tobago in Caribbean here.

I drive an IS200 GXE10. I have alot of inner wear on both the front and rear tyres, much more on the rear.

I did alignments locally and it hasn't solved the problem. They said i have to go back to the stock suspension to fix it. :rolleyes:

I spoke to the guys over on the LOC uk and they sent me over here. If it can be fixed you guys would know how. I heard you're the best there is.

I'm on 18"x8 45 offset with 225/40 Toyos all around with the TRD suspension kit for circuit, which is about 30mm lower than stock. It comes set like that from TRD. I just got the TTE charger kit installed and im thinking about taking it to the track soon so i want the best handling possible :whistle:

If you need anymore info let me know.

I wonder if there are any Hunter geometry machines in the caribbean ? I thought you guys spent all day on the beach drinking rum haha! Sorry!

Anyway, IIRC WIMs settings for the front is about -10" camber, as much castor as is pratical (6' I think ?) and a little toe-in. Tony please correct me if I'm wrong there.

Your modified suspension changes things however. Either way, if it's wearing the insides of the tyres it's likely either toeing-out, excessive camber or most likely a combination of the two.

Any ideas what the recent alignments were set-to ?

Hello Corey

What are your intentions for the car?.... If it's serious track then the setup i wrote for domestic cars won't work, this might read odd but it you think about it a track setup is to win races not preserve tyres.

no i won't be racing regularly, its just that since i got the charger i never took it for a "real" spin. this car is my daily driver so i don't plan too be pushing it too often. its just that i like the idea of having a well "street tuned" car. one that can transition from street driving to the occasional track without too many handling issues and needing to play around with stiffness settings and ride height. the TRD yellows are perfect for a noobie like me. its already setup from the factory so its kinda like "plug and play"

so the setup that you posted above i can take this straight to the shop?

@camInhead. i don't know if they are hunter machines but the do look like the ones in your pictures here. i'll try to get a printout of my current geo, and yeah we do spend alot of time at the beach but i'm more of a scotch/beer guy :rolleyes:

feel free to stop by around carnival time next year :whistle: you know you want to

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry about the delay but here's the printouts from my last geometry, before and after. They said its the best they can do with my setup (it has no more room for adjustment) and i should look at getting some aftermarket camber adjusters or raise the height on the coilovers. unfortunately for the front that's the highest it goes

front beforefrontbefore.th.jpg

front afterfrontafter.th.jpg

rear beforerearbefore.th.jpg

rear afterrearafter.th.jpg

tel me what u think

I'm not happy with that at all... Typically they haven't measured the castor and the end balance of angles is awful.

Since the adjusters have maxed out they should set the chassis symmetrically so at least the handling is predictable, you will need to seek aftermarket adjusters which are readily available now, Eibach are the best solution.

• 1 month later...
Here are the settings for the IS200/300/sc

REAR

Camber: 55’ Negative

Toe: 6’ Positive (partial)

Thrust: 0. Or as near to but no more than 5’

FRONT

Camber: 10 to 15’ Negative

Castor: 6 Degrees Positive if possible + - 30’

KPI/ SJI: even +- 30’

Included angle: - not relevant (unless uneven by more than 45’)

Toe: 4’ Positive (partial)

Tony , are thethe most desirable settings regardless of ride height?

Excuse my stupidity , but I have a nasty habit of needing to be spoon fed... do you mean long as in the more caster , the better?

No one is concidered stupid in wim.....

The problem with the Lex is the camber migration on the turn. If the castor is long and the camber deep the contact patch is still safe also no (or little wear)

thanks for all the info so far

Ive being shopping around for a camber kit like you guys suggested and i found one from Cusco and these on the My IS website. they say it will fit the is200 as well

http://my.is/forums/f89/sticky-camber-cast...-thread-372237/

They're alot cheaper than the cusco but i don't want that to drive my decision. I care more about if they can do the job. have you guys heard about these and will they be able to fix my issue? the Cusco ones are prettier though :D

another link

http://thmotorsports.com/combo-packages/sp...t/i-226244.aspx

Thanks for your input

Corey

P.S. my camber is still the same as the last pics i posted :lol: