Drift Demo at Japshow santa pod

Mat

was asked by the D1GB promoters to attend the japshow and hopfully put on a bit of a demo for the crowd....i was bricking it....

eventually i went out and had a great day, 1 of the D1 drivers had a go in the car...and loved it, infact there was quite a few comments from the Pro drivers as to why the car wasnt competeing!!! in D1 :blink:

even without proper chassis set up, the general consensus is that the car is a dream to drift, well balanced and taught chassis (before the cage has even been fitted)

anyway, ive been asked back to do Ultimate Street Car on the 5,6th August again at Santa Pod ;) to put on another demo :D

Ultimate Street Car Website....click here

heres some pics from Japshow..

japshowdemo10.jpg

japshowdemo9.jpg

japshowdemo8.jpg

japshowdemo7.jpg

japshowdemo5.jpg

japshowdemo2.jpg

japshowdemo3.jpg

Excellent display...... why do you doubt yourself?...... they asked you to display your skills and seemingly you blue bubbles all the way!...... The pro question as to why you were not competing seems valid..... In the pros's eyes you are competitive... or a threat :blink:

The cars defo competative!!, its definatly the most powerfull drift car in the UK.......ive just got to get confident with the car

janey says her offer of driving still stands :blink:

unless you want me to show you how to do it ;)

running just shy of 600hp which i think is a little more than the Soarer tiff was running...not that its bragging rights, you can have to much power!

i need to lower the boost on mine, and map it for torque that will make things a whole lot easier for me, and save the engine at the same time

Very close it would seem they posted 590 apparently after tuning.

http://www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/forum/...highlight=drift

There are a few threads about it on there, but that one has some build pictures as well.

Nice gallery...... he's not giving much away though is he :blink: ...... wim enjoys an open environment, especially if the topic is hard to understand.

Its been well over a year (if not 2) since i saw the car.........and your still not competing?

Hurry up i want to see you in action ;)

i am in Eurodrift....but the season is nearly finished and a car change part way through kinda put the brakes on.....plus work is very busy at the mo.

as for action shots...the demos are kinda more fun,at the moment, pretty much free practice, which helps more for next season, plus it is helping iron out any issues the car may have drifting, the biggest issue so far has been cooling , but plans are are already afoot to assist with keeping the car cooler.....

theres no massive rush, id rather have everything spot on for a full seasons drifting than rushing in and not really performing well

theres no massive rush, id rather have everything spot on for a full seasons drifting than rushing in and not really performing well

I agree......but theres no reason getting the car right if your not practising/or driving the car at the mo(thats not you in the pics!!....i mean you dont want to turn up on the first meet and spin out all the time.

Best of luck ;)

the pics with the bald chap is the D1 driver, James...... as was stated he also drove the car

the Car is very much used, infact more so now than parked outside the house and only used for road driving.....The demos give me practice, and i attend most of the organised practice days,(at least 2 weekends a month not including the demos ...so plenty of practice time, when i can arange it with work) i already have my Eurodrift license, so have already proved a level of competance to compete in a championship

theres no point starting a championship with only 3 events left to do ;)

so why would i just spin out..? i was drifting the blue car all last year.....till just before christmas

there is every reason to sort the car, you have to be confident with it, and considering ive only just started with the white car, all is coming along well

the pics with the bald chap is the D1 driver, James...... as was stated he also drove the car

the Car is very much used, infact more so now than parked outside the house and only used for road driving.....The demos give me practice, and i attend most of the organised practice days,(at least 2 weekends a month not including the demos ...so plenty of practice time, when i can arange it with work) i already have my Eurodrift license, so have already proved a level of competance to compete in a championship

so why would i just spin out..? i was drifting the blue car all last year.....till just before christmas

there is every reason to sort the car, you have to be confident with it, and considering ive only just started with the white car, all is coming along well

Also Mat i am really looking forward to some serious set-up time on the new machine.....how does a progressive graph showing the effect of bump-steer during a pull-down at every point of TOOT read.... This is a valuable tool to predict and position the steering rack in 3D ;)

Also Mat i am really looking forward to some serious set-up time on the new machine.....how does a progressive graph showing the effect of bump-steer during a pull-down at every point of TOOT read.... This is a valuable tool to predict and position the steering rack in 3D ;)

i cant wait to let you go to town on it Tony.....will be good to show the world an open approach to settings

Also Mat i am really looking forward to some serious set-up time on the new machine.....how does a progressive graph showing the effect of bump-steer during a pull-down at every point of TOOT read.... This is a valuable tool to predict and position the steering rack in 3D :o

i cant wait to let you go to town on it Tony.....will be good to show the world an open approach to settings

3D Geometry is very different... understanding it very hard.. i do :D i just need the right tools..... and Mat no one will view your final settings......That's a Mat/wim evolution powered by tdi ;) ..... next year we will sell last years set-up ;) if you know what i mean.

• 1 month later...

heres a couple of Pics from USC...

couple of pics from USC Website, was asked up to do a demo, weekend just gone, brilliant 2 days

drifting_usc06dj.jpg

drifting2_usc06dj.jpg

off to the Auto Italia Show at santa pod this saturday for another drift demo

Drift practice at silverstone 08/08/06

silverstone practce

silverstone1small.jpg

silverstone2small.jpg

silverstone3small.jpg

silverstone4small.jpg

bloody good day...lots of high speed stuff :)

Looks good :o ...you at the silverstone meet on the 20th?

Im going :)

yep pete i am...see you there old bean

more than likely on the driftworks stand, as i dont think ill time to practice as i actually will be in the BRDC stand

Tony are you going next week to Silverstone?

More like 'next week stop at home'..... This years season is a write-off, if time was for sale i would buy 24hrs..... wim's development surpasses pleasure in the immediate format, but next season things will be very different (one way or another) :)

Have a day off :D i was going to suggest...come with me, i can always pick you up.

You must be kidding!.... i'm going to be setting the cars Geometry on the 19th :D ..... It would be nice Pete but business is more important at the moment..... You wait for next year it will be 'TAXI' :D