Camber/ castor solutions for the non-adjustable.....

Tony

This post relates to all cars that have a front sub-frame that's linked with four or more anchor points.

With the anchor points released you can gain adjustment for.

1: wheels down, a castor "shunt" of around one degree (diagonal)

2: wheels raised a camber optimization of around +-30' (transverse)

Not recommended on the early Mondeo due to the captive nut becoming "uncapped" but nevertheless the range still exists.

Not recommended on the early Mondeo due to the captive nut becoming "uncapped" but nevertheless the range still exists.

I know all about that, first problem I had when getting the car! :lol:

Take it that's why you didn't suggest it for mine or is this only recommended for cars on OEM suspension?

interesting. any gains to be had on mine tony

The more anchor points the higher the adjustment range..... The camber "optimization" is no good for the lowered car because the lower values would be symmetrical so there's nothing to optimize.

Have you ever had any sucess moving the engine subframe to atain some Camber adjustment ? Pretty sure Hunter stated that as a possability.

Never fancies myself TBH.

Camber "optimization" what a pants idea.

Unless you buy the special tool then it's a wheels raised job and it can go tits up real fast.

Personally i think this was an after thought by Audi?.... well yes you can optimize the camber but what about the SAI that's now off-set?

:lol:

Have you ever had any sucess moving the engine subframe to atain some Camber adjustment ? Pretty sure Hunter stated that as a possability.

Never fancies myself TBH.

Camber "optimization" what a pants idea.

Unless you buy the special tool then it's a wheels raised job and it can go tits up real fast.

Personally i think this was an after thought by Audi?.... well yes you can optimize the camber but what about the SAI that's now off-set?

:lol:

It must have been wrong to need a shunt.

Yes but wouldn't a corrective action on the NSR have an undesired impact on the OSF and vice-versa ?

I assume you mean NSF?..... If yes i hear what you are saying, there would be a consequence at the SAI but remember the reason for the shunt is the cross member has moved.... If the problem is isolated to one corner then a shunt won't work, all you'll be doing is transporting the problem.

What i suggest you do is look at the problem (data) and knowing a shunt is possible analise the gains. Point of the post is what is deemed as fixed is not so you have another tool to use.