Well what do ya know

jammy

I seem to be suffering issues with adjustments on the front spax shocks now! I backed them off and started all over to find a happy medium but thay seem as soft on full chat as thay do turned rite down

so now have to take em off send back to spax and await the results

i even have to pay the postage to do this to :unsure:will be refunded "if" a succesfull warrenty claim is awarded :) if this turns out that thay arnt havin it and give me them back back.where do i stand can i get them tested anywere,and can i request the original dyno spec's for these shocks so the tester can see if there the same or not

Will cost me more to go standard and we all know how pants vauxhall handle on oem suspension lol.its like bein on a boat from dover to calas lol.....

the adjusters are well stiff now to turn also.and when thay do turn there is no point to point just turnin and guessin what settin your on.

can you test shocks tony ?

Will cost me more to go standard and we all know how pants vauxhall handle on oem suspension lol.its like bein on a boat from dover to calas lol.....

the adjusters are well stiff now to turn also.and when thay do turn there is no point to point just turnin and guessin what settin your on.

can you test shocks tony ?

Not in house....

Ok but if thay come back as ok.which i have a fealin thay will.ill need a second opinion.ive asked for a dyno of a new shock and also want the test results for these and have said will get secon opinion if needed.so could i send them upto you if need be and see what the score is?How much do you rekon it would cost to test them

Ok but if thay come back as ok.which i have a fealin thay will.ill need a second opinion.ive asked for a dyno of a new shock and also want the test results for these and have said will get secon opinion if needed.so could i send them upto you if need be and see what the score is?How much do you rekon it would cost to test them

Testings one thing but you don't have the OEM dyno results so how do you prove they are defective?

Im on the case of finding that out.got to request it for a new shock.then request the final result of mine.gunna be a long slog this but aint backin down for love nor money :( well unless thay want to give me money :(

:lol:been doin that since the pi shock agro at the start! Cant find any dyno reports on the net so will have to try technical at spax and see if thay will tell me over the fone so i can compair the new result and after result against a blind fonecall

Ok then.spax fronts off and pi's back on now.now the spax shocks are shortend 50mm and the pi are 30mm.since the pi's are back on the car and still with spax springs it sits almost 10mm higher at the front :) i thought shocks didnt have a part to play in the hight of the car? Also tony i cured that wobbly effect at rear when stationary :) rear beam bushes now instald.much sturdier now and back now follows front wheels.must of been sittin where it should when not movin but judging by the state of the bushes it was movin a goodun when in motion.was gunna put a pic of old bushes but it was a mission gettin them out :) not half as a mission as gettin them back in B)

took 3 ish hours to do lol

Got to send them back so thay can test them.still awatin my returns form that should of been here thursday :rolleye: so soon as it turns up there in the post.

cant do much more really.this has takin it rite out of me now and tbh im frustrated as hell and was doubting myself as to wever thay were fitted right.but thay were.ive lowered somany cars,either just springs or the full kit and never ever had this much **** before.all i can say is,if someone decides thay wanna upset me at the moment thay best be a fast runner B)

"update!

been onto spax and thay requested the part numbers the kit consists of amd to my non suprised self.the rear springs are wrong :crying_anim: i told them that before thay were even put on the car lol.so basiclly wrong kit dispatched! So got to send the rear springs back along with front shocks.

tony would i be entitled to request sending the full kit back and them sending the correct kit out ? I know the rest of the kit is the same as what id of got anyway but seems to me the easyest option out of this.if i had a half decent set of shocks to leave on the car id send it back and demand a refund lol

and just sell the car.as it is this warrenty claim may take upto 2 months to sort out,and by that time these pi shocks will be well fubard and car off the road.if thay award the warrenty and replace shocks then am i within my rights to claim for loses etc?

To add to the above post.Just noticed the front shocks have same part number but the ones i have,have hh at the end and thay say should have i at the end?

ffs cant anyone do there job properlly at spax,pi and jamex.cos each firm have done this now and given me the wrong kits...

im gunna end up scrappin the lot soon or im goin mental :angry:

"apparently" thay dont opperate that way.thay seem to exept liability or thay wouldnt say springs were wrong.im goin to get the nubers off rear shocks and front springs tommoro ans see if thay match the list given.just sent another mail stressin that i want kit replaced and the car know has naff shocks on the front and that thay arnt safe to be on the car etc... So i await there respnce tommoro

but if the kit tests ok then msw think thay wont replace it even though wrong kit as it works fine on the dyno :angry: so could be set to loose 360 quid here plus what ever it costs to send back

Well i asked for a dyno and thay say thay dont give that info out nor do thay send a print out of the dyno with new shocks or kits! Load of use that is then.

no mondeo mate.dont fancy a box or diff replacment on a 4x4 if it goes and if it did then that would be a scrapper in my eyes so just gunna stick with this till sorted then sell it and get my 850 T-5 :angry: