Spoiler pics part2 of my Supra.....

Suprash

Well I finally have my Supra back now, man does it make you appreciate the car more when you havent been able to drive her for 3 months. Anyway the overall finish Im extremely happy with, this car has taken me about 7 years to get it to this stage. The only thing Im not sure on now is the rear bumper. Now there is one other rear bumper that I still think would compliment the car more (Trial) except nearly every modified Supra that has a new rear bumper has a Trial fitted so I wanted to try something different, and after finding out that no body has yet orderd this rear bumper in the UK, and its half the price of a Trial rear I thought I would take a gamble on this Bomex rear......give me your honest opinions, cause this car is too close to perfect now to be spoilt by a tacky (my words) rear.....But fresh paint work without one scratch or ding is such a joy to wash down. The whole car Im now having trouble to find faults with, slowly everything is being replaced by new.

So anyway on with the pics.....

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

I thought I would take a gamble on this Bomex rear......give me your honest opinions, cause this car is too close to perfect now to be spoilt by a tacky (my words) rear.....But fresh paint work without one scratch or ding is such a joy to wash down. The whole car Im now having trouble to find faults with, slowly everything is being replaced by new.

Ash,

As you asked for an honest opinion, I've got to say that your Supra is probably the best I've seen...except for that Bomex rear. Sounds like you have your own reservations on it too? :( It's certainly different, but I don't like it at all...sorry :(

I thought I would take a gamble on this Bomex rear......give me your honest opinions, cause this car is too close to perfect now to be spoilt by a tacky (my words) rear.....But fresh paint work without one scratch or ding is such a joy to wash down. The whole car Im now having trouble to find faults with, slowly everything is being replaced by new.

Ash,

As you asked for an honest opinion, I've got to say that your Supra is probably the best I've seen...except for that Bomex rear. Sounds like you have your own reservations on it too? :( It's certainly different, but I don't like it at all...sorry :(

I do, I did more, it grows on you though. When I first got the car back I would walk around her and go "nice body work, clean, love the bonnet vent, love the Ridox front, love the skirts, love the wheels, love the whole car", then get to the back and I would wince, it grated on me. But Im not sure if its what a few people have been saying, you dont see them about much, in fact Im the first in the UK to have that rear. But I will give it some to see if it grows on me more. Thing is I have found, people not related to the Supra community like it more, everyone within the Supra community hates it, lots.......

Im still thinking getting those side vents filled in and smoothed over will clean it up more, then a nice custom made carbon fibre diffuser to fit along the bottom of it to get it some more depth and maybe break it up a bit.......

Oh, and she broke down tonight on the M3, had to be recoverd back but because of that plush new front end with built in under tray you cant even see the front tow eye let alone get to it, so I told him to use the front strut brace to winch it on, but it seems strut braces arent quite up to having 1500kg's hanging off of it lol, so its now a bit V-shaped, still it wasnt that I was worried about that only cost me £70, it was the £900 bumper and carbon fibre lip I was more worried about catching as it was being winched on.

Suspected culprit is a failed fuel pump. At the body shop last week they said she kept blowing her fuel pump fuse, so got another pump and all fine. The knackared pump is an uprated Walbro only 3/4 years old. Seems the advice Im running of putting the fuel pump into a permant 12v state isnt advised no more on the Supra forums. The pump has an ECU that switches from 8v to 12v when tubby no.2 is brought online......