Spolier pics from Body shop of my Supra......

Suprash

Guys, well firstly I had some spoiler pics sent to me today of the work that has just been finised on my Supra. So thought I would use this oppurtunity to show some of you the car anyway. Actually I had half written this with the spolier pics and some old pics and now just removed it all, as Im on nights, I got time to kill, so Im going to give you a little "this is your life" on my Supra lol.....its amazing what you'll do to kill time on a night shift lol....so sick back with a cup of tea and I'll take you over the last 7 years of ownership :)

So it was back in 2002 when after a split with the ex I had a chunk of money burning a whole in my pocket. I decided instead of putting all that money down on another house I would take two thirds of it and spunk it on a Supra after I spotted it on Ebay of all places one day, again on a night shift trawling the net. So after several communications with the seller and a trip to Leeds I had fallen in love with this car. Now he wouldnt let me test drive it when I first went to view it, he took me out and showed me its power and instantly I was hooked. My previous most expensive car and biggest powered car was a Calibra 2.0ltr 16v, hardly something to shout about, so the day I picked up my Supra and drove her for the first time, she felt an absolute monster, something so huge wrapped around you, I felt tiny in the drivers seat. But this was how she looked when I purchased her all those years ago.

MineEarly1.jpg

Oldpic.jpg

So the long drive home was memorable, coming from a normally aspirated 2.0ltr to a 3.0ltr blown engine was well, like Starship enterprise speeds. This car felt awsome. It cruised at such rediculously fast speeds, feeling like a huge solid chunk of metal being propelled at flashy light type speeds. The excelleration felt really good, and then I was getting hit again when the 2nd turbo comes online hurtling you even quicker. I found the sequential setup very strange at first, to feel a car suddenly get a second burst of life half way through its rev range, but boy was I smiling.

I soon found the Supra Owners club (mkivsupra.net) where I spent pretty much the next 4 years learning everything about these cars, and deciding and then learning along the way which route I wanted to take to acheive my ultimate car, as after a while once I had settled into her, the power started to feel smaller and smaller.

The first couple of years were more my hungry power days, I wanted single turbo's, a big intercooler, and uprated clutches all for that monster power house, but I soon realised quickly the Supra's power levels could be very respectable for not too much money in terms of bang per buck, but one thing I did learn along this route of engine and power tunning is that unless you spend a huge amount of money then a lot of aftermarket parts dont always work as well as Mr Toyota intended. So after having uprated clutches, lightened flywheels and Hybrids that were poorely built I figured that its best not to go down the single turbo route, and especially with the constant battle I saw other owners having with single turbo setups, mainly becuase they thought their budget kit would work, and when it didnt would have to spend twice as much, which turned out not to be very budget, that if I wanted to keep that Toyota reliabilty I need to keep the car as stock as possible. So after my second set of stock turbo's and first set of Hybrid turbo's had blown, I got the Hyrbids rebuilt again and removed a lot of the modifications I had already spent a lot of time and money in and since have binned any intentions ever of going single turbo. The only other option I would consider these days is big twins keeping the sequential setup. The sequential turbo setup is a big part that makes the car what it is in my opinion.

So after the first 4/5 years and several U-turns the car was dyno'd at 380 rwhp making it around 448 bhp at the flywheel. Something I felt quite acheived about. The part list basically consists of this now:

Hybrid turbos, running with no BC @ 1bar

Double de-cat with a full stainless HKS Hyper exhaust.

Hybrid frount mount intercooler

Blitz Induction kit

Walbro fuel pump

Apexi S-AFC

FSE

PWR radiator

Apexi boost and exhaust gas tempature gauges to see whats going on.

Goodridge steel braided brake lines

The car at this level isnt much more then BPU++ I believe but even then I could kill almost everything on the road, especially the motorways, the Supra is such a grand tourer, a top end monster, that even if something was quicker then me below a 100mph, above 100mph I would claw back in a few of those cars that got away and then would steam on past them. Pretty much I soon realised if you hadnt spent a good 40k+ plus on a car then I could kill it.

I then decided it was time to turn my attentions to getting the car how I want cosmetically. So next was to get start on my engine bay, this is pretty much how it looked in the beggining, already a little work had started here as the blue hose kit is on already and the hard pipes for the FMIC have been polished, along with the battery cover, but still an early picture.

OldEng.jpg

So after having both rocker covers, inlet manifold, throttle body, all turbo pipe work and sequential pipework stripped off and sent away to be chromed and polished, I was finally sent this lot. :)

ashbitsdn4.jpg

So after having that lot put on this was how the engine bay looked.

ashcar044.jpg

ashcar045.jpg

Eng3.jpg

So next was the big one, the respray. I debated for quite a while over what colour to go for, even over the years my preference to colour could change weekly and I could never settle with a colour that I would be happy with so decided to keep the OEM gun metal grey. I decided on new front and rear bumpers, a OEM UK bonnet vent, getting the Blitz side skirts blended with the car. So off to GVN in Chiswick the car went.

Being stripped down and UK bonnet vent......

GVN8.jpg

GVN7.jpg

GVN2.jpg

Rear arches rolled.....

GVN4.jpg

Side skirts being blended into the door and car more.......

GVN3.jpg

GVN4-1.jpg

GVN2-1.jpg

Rear quarter had been wacked before and had to be re-filled, dont worry the area wasnt as big as it looks here, this is a just a lot of skim to get the shape that the body shop guy was happy with, he has a very sharpe eye this chap......

GVN6-1.jpg

GVN1-1.jpg

GVN5-1.jpg

So now into primar.....

ash_supra004.jpg

ash_supra005.jpg

ash_supra003.jpg

ash_supra002.jpg

And then into spray......

ash_supra_009.jpg

ash_supra_011.jpg

ash_supra_008.jpg

ash_supra_007.jpg

ash_supra_006.jpg

ash_supra013.jpg

ash_supra014.jpg

I was also waiting on new front and rear bumpers, but due to a back log from Japan they were never going to arrive for months so GVN decided to have the car back at a later date and just get the car finished, and this is how she looked, obviously the front and rear bumper had not been sprayed with car.

Image058.jpg

Image060.jpg

Image063.jpg

Image066.jpg

Image067.jpg

Image068.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

So now Im at the stage where I am now.......she was returned to the body shop to get some paint rectified that hadnt settled properly from the respray, have the UK bonnet vent re-fitted due to loosing it one day while on the motorway, and to get the last stage of the engine bay finished. So I only have 3 spoiler pics from the garage, as I said I only got these today......

So carrying on with the body work, the Ridox front bumper with carbon fibre lip, ignore the orange side repeater covers, they are only temporary.

ash_sup005.jpg

The rear bumper, I wanted something different, 90% of Supra's that have their rear bumper changed will opt for a Trial rear, a very nice and clean bumer I think, but considering my car has a fairly clean look, I wanted something a little in your face, and after looking at the car I decided the rear was probably the best place for the car to carry this off.....

ash_sup004.jpg

And now for the egnine bay shot, they sprayed the fan shroud, the spark cover, fuse box cover and carbon canistor. Of course this engine bay has been constantly worked on in small bits along the way, strut brace, polished P/S resevior etc.....of course the pipe work is no longer polished to the level I like but wait till I get her home......

ash_sup002.jpg

DSCF2711.jpg

DSCF2688.jpg

20080511touri1015.jpg

n560913139_898855_9306.jpg

n560913139_898857_9983.jpg

What a journey, by the far the best car I could have ever bought, she has brought so many laughs over the years, the enjoyment that has surrounded her and with meeting people, and the places I have been. Of course this whole story has been shrunk into 3 main stages, but this whole car has been constantly changing over the years.

:)

Absolute babe :) supra's@are animals for sure

my mate and have been to look at a few as he wants one.10k plus the ones hes seen and he did find one he wanted but turned out to be a cat d repaired and wasnt payin 10500 for it.although he is now lookin at turbo mr2's

WoW thats an awsome write up and an amazing journey along the way its almost like haveing a child and watching her grow up..some great pics aswell..really like the one when your going past the HGV ....the engine bay looks stunning...NOW i bet you cant keep her that clean..! :) :)

Na really its a great write up...Just wish i could afford to buy one.. :) .... would be really good to see her down at WIM one day...all the best and happy supra motoring. Suprash.. :) :D

Nice write up Ash, to some extent i have been fortunate having seen the car a few times over the years.

What we don't get to see is the blood, sweat and determination the goes into a build like yours, you now have a stunning car and you should be proud of yourself :)

WoW thats an awsome write up and an amazing journey along the way its almost like haveing a child and watching her grow up..some great pics aswell..really like the one when your going past the HGV ....the engine bay looks stunning...NOW i bet you cant keep her that clean..! :) :)

Na really its a great write up...Just wish i could afford to buy one.. :) .... would be really good to see her down at WIM one day...all the best and happy supra motoring. Suprash.. :) :D

Mate you reckon that engine bay is ok in the last pic, you wait until I have spend a couple of hours on that with some metal cutter and lots of elbow grease :)

But yeah it is like watching a child grow, especially when you start looking back on old photo's, its like "ahhhh, look at her there" lol......

That HGV is one of my fav pics too, someone took that when we was on our way to the Nurburgring......:)

Nice write up Ash, to some extent i have been fortunate having seen the car a few times over the years.

What we don't get to see is the blood, sweat and determination the goes into a build like yours, you now have a stunning car and you should be proud of yourself :)

Get your ramps warm cause you're gonna have her back soon...:)

I'll put the red felt on the run-ups :D

I'll put the red felt on the run-ups :D

Im not used to such treatment lol.......