1JZ-GTE + IS200 = ?

Ellz

Well at last i have had time to get moving on the 1JZ conversion. Been working so much over the holidays i havent had anytime to get up to the garage (RB tuning) to start work.

Ross who owns RB tuning had already drained all oils and taken rad out so got the aircon rad out.

020920081344.jpg

Got front bar off and inlet manifold (what a pig it has soooo many wires/pipes going either into it or connected to it)

020920081345.jpg

020920081346.jpg

After a big of wigglen we got the engine apart from the gearbox

020920081347.jpg

Then jacked it up to get the gearbox out (which is pretty light and small after the bellhousing)

020920081348.jpg

020920081349.jpg

Took wire loom out, was going to try and not cut it but theres just to many wires going blooomin everywhere.

Managed to keep all the FCON wires together with all the sensors etc

020920081350.jpg

Overal a good first day, working rest of the week so not going to get much more done, but hopefully next week after stuff is ordered and arrived and ive picked up the 1JZ work can really get going :D

why didnt they pull the engine with the gearbox, would have been so much easier, the gearbox would have counter balance dthe engine....

its pretty much the norm for anyone who know s how to remove an inline to know that you pull the engine, with the gearbox connected.

seems very much an arse about face way of doing it

you may as well remove the power steering pump aswell, as it sits on the other side of the 1jz

why didnt they pull the engine with the gearbox, would have been so much easier, the gearbox would have counter balance dthe engine....

its pretty much the norm for anyone who know s how to remove an inline to know that you pull the engine, with the gearbox connected.

seems very much an arse about face way of doing it

you may as well remove the power steering pump aswell, as it sits on the other side of the 1jz

We didnt know if it would clear the subframe, it was easy as pie anyways so i really not think it matters.

Yeah didnt know about the steering pump was hoping it would be similar position, in the lexus is the power steering variable ? As in gets slightly heavier at higher speed ?

Quick update.

All the wiring is out, and by god there was alot of it, flipping crazy.

Finding out lots as i go, might be able to run the ABS still which would be good for the rainy races.

Picking up some new wheels (second hand) some volk SE37, pretty light and 8.5 wide front and 9.5 rears so lots of tread. There pretty sexy as well ^_^

SE37K1.jpg

So Tony if you could send me some prices of 265/40/17 and 235/40/17 is some nice grippy wet's that would be good :o

Little photo of no wires

100920081374.jpg

Getting engine next wednesday hopefully :D

Looking lighter :) ..... Do the tyres need to be road legal? and what's with the book :D

Looking at some T1Rs or alike as testing will be over winter and most probably raining ^_^

Thats a DVD case "family guy" was in my glove box lol

So thats what an IS200 looks like naked on the inside.. :o

Ellz have you sold your "old" alloys.? are they the "18"TTE ones.?

Nope have replied to your pm on LOC yes they are 18's as well

I priced Falken today

235/40-17@ £85 all inc

265/40-17@ £106 all inc

I'll do Toyo tomorrow.

Cheers Tony, charlays car is being MOT'd next tuesday so fingers crossed should be up with you soon after as we want to be testing that at brands in November.

Let me know on more prices

what you doing for a cage ................streaky

The garage that im doing the work in known a guy who builds caged for stock cars, so going to get a quote from him and see how good his work is first.

Im guessing hes pretty good though as stock cars take a right bashing.

You sent those wings across yet need to get them to the fibre glass place :D

The garage that im doing the work in known a guy who builds caged for stock cars, so going to get a quote from him and see how good his work is first.

You sent those wings across yet need to get them to the fibre glass place :D

just make sure that the cage builder, makes the cage to MSA Blue Book specification

You sent those wings across yet need to get them to the fibre glass place :)

just make sure that the cage builder, makes the cage to MSA Blue Book specification

Yep got that with the car so when he comes to look at it he will know the specs, im suprised on how little you actually need, no door bars or anything pretty basic to be honest.

Got an email from Joe Clifford at Banzai yesterday saying when this is all finished they would like to feature it, which is all good for FP Racing and the sponsors attached which one of is of course WIM, so some extra free advertising for you there Tony ;)

Any chance of those toyo prices

Cheers Elliott

Got an email from Joe Clifford at Banzai yesterday saying when this is all finished they would like to feature it, which is all good for FP Racing and the sponsors attached which one of is of course WIM, so some extra free advertising for you there Tony ;)

Cheers Elliott

Solid progression Elliott.....

Prices

265/40-17 T1R £157 all inc

235/40-17 T1R £115.50 all inc

Cheers Elliott

Solid progression Elliott.....

Prices

265/40-17 T1R £157 all inc

235/40-17 T1R £115.50 all inc

Cheers Tony

Well chaps here she is, been sitting in the garden for a litte while hence the rust.

Its bloomin big and freckin heavy but i love her already ;)

170920081401.jpg

170920081402.jpg

170920081403.jpg

The turbos have ZERO play in there like new its crazy.

My new favorite picture is this :)

170920081400.jpg

you keeping the factory turbos..?

Not sure was going to put them on and just get it going but might just get the big single on there straight away save taking them all off.

What are the turbo's worth ? They are like new the engines only done 30 odd thousand.