Problems with new car

Dan

I haven't been on here in a long time :) So not sure whether i mentioned it on here but i was involved in a bad crash in my Altezza and that is no more

pic0038ci4.jpg

pic0055qf7.jpg

and the new car:

dscn1614ts5.jpg

Anyway didn't cry over that too long. Moved on to a 2003 Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT. Few little small issues when i got it. since i have got the car i have gotten the following done to the car which maybe be the reason for my current problem:

1. Front pads replaced - couldn't fit both shims on the back of the pads so left one off on each side

2. Front lower control arm bushings replaced. to get rid of bad vibration feed back through the steering and break peadl under breaking. Known weak point on these

3. Tein S Tech lowering springs all round, on JDM Bilstein struts.

The problem i have no is when turning at low speeds there is a knocking/clunk coming from something. also happens if i turn the car when stationery too. Could this be related to any of the above things that have been changed since i got the car?

others have suggested:

cv joint

wheel bearing

Centre diff failing

My mechanic cant have a look at the car until Saturday, but want to try and find the problem before then incase i need to order an parts.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Didnt see the pics of the alttezz last time i see this thread ;) those fences tend to make a bad job at modifying the exterior of cars......hope knowone was hurt in that......looks quite bad lol

i would guess a cv joint

problem has seemed to have disappeared on its own! probably just the springs settling in.

A knocking noise can signify something serious. I'd still get it chcked out, just to be on the safe side. ;)

I really like these later shape Legacys. Looks great.

i would guess a cv joint

problem has seemed to have disappeared on its own! probably just the springs settling in.

A knocking noise can signify something serious. I'd still get it chcked out, just to be on the safe side. :D

I really like these later shape Legacys. Looks great.

seems like top mount on one of the struts slipped down a bit because it wasnt seated properly, all is good now