Lightening last night

Ellz

Nice images....... I absolutely love thunderstorms.... Between you and me i even set my alarm to wake me up during the night so i can check if any are coming..... only if forecast mind :angry2:

Great pics! I was expecting to see something about reducing the unsprung weight (lightening) - not an electrical storm (lightning). Nice surprise . . . . . . . :rolleyes:

Ah - a car that's been struck by lightening . . . . . :rolleyes:

The lightning pics are good. It's not easy. What technique did you use? Conventional wisdom says - camera on a tripod - smallest possible aperture - a long exposure, about 30 seconds and open the shutter when you judge that a strike is due.

But it's very hit and miss. I've tried a few times without any real success.

Think he tried loads of different things, doing really long exposures at silly f stops as the lightning is so bright it would wash the image otherwise. then just trying to snap them, i think the quick shutter speed of hold down for ages and take 20 photos in a couple of seconds worked ok as well Lol