Help With BMW

handler

Yep same number.... In truth if all works correctly we should be able to deal with your car without you coming to me?

Reads a bit? me saying that since i run a business but i also run a community where we support each other collectively.... Have them call me if there are any worries and that includes you!

Lol well dont worry even if i get my car sorted i might have to get my mates car checked with you as his Focus ST 56' plate is going through tyres quicker then he wants.

I can sort the ST.... Is it stuffing the insides?

Yeah the inside wears out on the fronts mainly

The reason is the wheels off-set, if the camber was adjustable it would be an easy fix but it's not. At best we can delay the wear by upping the tyre pressure 2psi and moving the toe more positive.

Other than that he needs adjustable strut top mounts.

You've been done over?

If you look at the original report the rear camber range was

-1 degree 15' to -1 degree 45'

The other printout shows

-1 degree 49' to -2 degrees 19' and shows (lowered suspension on the report)

"Lowered suspension" means the operator has manually changed the fields!!..... That's why the current positions are shown as green on the report.

All they have done is moved the target range to display all's well.......... It's not!

If i were you i would be livid.

You've been done over?

The other printout shows

"Lowered suspension" means the operator has manually changed the fields!!..... That's why the current positions are shown as green on the report.

All they have done is moved the target range to display all's well.......... It's not!

Really i thought bmw has a few settings on the hunter machine because i know there is an option for lower suspension setup, which would ofc allow as you said more neg camber?

I could be wrong as i don't own a machine but i do remember seeing another report with BMW lowered suspension.

You've been done over?

The other printout shows

Really i thought bmw has a few settings on the hunter machine because i know there is an option for lower suspension setup, which would ofc allow as you said more neg camber?

I could be wrong as i don't own a machine but i do remember seeing another report with BMW lowered suspension.

Is yours lowered?...... If yes then why the initial target positions, if no then why is your car "now" being compared with a lowered version?

You've been done over?

The other printout shows

Is yours lowered?...... If yes then why the initial target positions, if no then why is your car "now" being compared with a lowered version?

Yeah my car is lowered the guys that did it first didn't notice nor ask about it first time. But when i went back after speaking to you i told them my car is running on aftermarket lowering springs which are just a tad lower then BMW sport suspension (as you explained this allows more camber). So it all clicked into place for the guy and he then found the other settings for lowered BMW's.

So in theory the original setting he was trying to achieve are crap as they are for normal suspension which i clearly don't run.

Do those ramblings make sense? :-)

Yes....... Phew!!.... Finally there's logic between the figures.... We now have a lowered car and lowered data overlap, happy days B)

My only concern was the fact the front left wheel is high neg camber and i now have a thrust angle, or are those negligible as the others all seem bang on?

lol the joys of having too much information when its actually has nothing to do with my car

Yes....... Phew!!.... Finally there's logic between the figures.... We now have a lowered car and lowered data overlap, happy days B)

My only concern was the fact the front left wheel is high neg camber and i now have a thrust angle, or are those negligible as the others all seem bang on?

lol the joys of having too much information when its actually has nothing to do with my car

It's a done deal.... The NSF camber position is no doubt out of adjustment but only slightly out of range so not end of days... The thrust is very good since the recognized limit is 12'....

As for the information...... Welcome to the world of chassis dynamics :o

Well all i can say is Thanks for all the great information to get this sorted, its quite worrying really. So many people must get proper alignments done but it could still be as bad if not worse and they will never know.

We all take what others tell us for granted its funny, but thankfully for me i was pushed in your direction and now i have a perfect (near as to) setup.

Now my for Nurburg in September roll on.

Thanks again mate, i better sign up for Gold membership soon just to show my gratitude

Well all i can say is Thanks for all the great information to get this sorted, its quite worrying really. So many people must get proper alignments done but it could still be as bad if not worse and they will never know.

We all take what others tell us for granted its funny, but thankfully for me i was pushed in your direction and now i have a perfect (near as to) setup.

Now my for Nurburg in September roll on.

Thanks again mate, i better sign up for Gold membership soon just to show my gratitude

Geometry seems a difficult topic and the fast fit industry hides behind wheel alignment as the do all and end all regarding every complaint offered by the owner.

Geometry is not a difficult topic assuming the explanation explains the reason for the complaint in simple terms allowing the owner to explore new reasoning.

I think you have grasped a new vision in this topic and i'm sure you will educate others suffering similar trauma.

Been following this thread with interest, glad it's sorted now :o So all of this confusion could've been avoided if they'd asked if the suspension was lowered B)

Yeah it would seem that way.

I guess in the end everyone makes mistakes im just glad they stood up fixed the issue and spent time tweaking it and didn't charge me a 2nd time. I am sure other garages would have said "You never told us" then try to charge me a 2nd time.

Been following this thread with interest, glad it's sorted now :o So all of this confusion could've been avoided if they'd asked if the suspension was lowered B)

Yeah it would seem that way.

I guess in the end everyone makes mistakes im just glad they stood up fixed the issue and spent time tweaking it and didn't charge me a 2nd time. I am sure other garages would have said "You never told us" then try to charge me a 2nd time.

That is a good point...I like companies like that :)