More issue's with aftermarket suspension

jammy

Ok then.little insight as to what's been goin on.

bought my astra 6 week's ago.needed a shock replaced as it was leaking.so went to a shop and ordered some PI front shock's.told him what i had on the car allready and his supplier confermed thay

would be suitable to use.he then say's thay only list 1 pat number for all model's :huh:slightly blinded i ordered.

Thay turned up and i fitted them,and sweet nice solid ride :D but then after 2 week's of motorway driving thay started to go soft.after 3 week's thecar became unstable and the front would wollow.so thay were replaced under warrenty and all was sweet again.then s

then same amount of time later it started again :D then my suspision aroused that perhap's thses shock were formed around a lighter engined model and couldnt realy handle the 2.0 16v engine :unsure;

so after 2 day's of agro on the fone with him,i then ended up havin to pay another £133 and get the G-max 35mm drop kit.

well the kit is now fitted and before i did fit them.i checked the front shock's to see there resistance and i could push thr shaft in and pull out quit easy.thought bein uprated thay should be very hard to push in ?

anyway i fitted them as thought it may stiffen up when all together on the car and bolted tight.the front spring's are also about a inch taller then my 40mm spring's i was removing ? Was a nightmare gettin them to clamp up.

then the rear's

shock's perfect

the spring's however. Are also about a inch higher then old set and look odd.normall vauxhall spring's and the spax i removed hava a small coil top and botton both idendical and ex amount larger coil's al of which are same diamiter.the gmax's have the smaller coil's but dont locate on the stub chassis or beam.and when car is off the jack the coil's open alot and dont sit rite.

with the kit fitted (35mm drop all round

the rear sit's 10mm or so higher then before and the front sit's almost a inch lower then before :D when car is stationary the front is well bouincie. (before car was driven.and the rear firm.

i thought goin for a drive may bed them in and firm up.adn thay didnt...if i go over a soft dip or lump in the road,the front just bounce's and make's car wonder.the rear just feal's real odd.

i did 60 mile's today and wasnt happy atall.

after havin to put my spring's back on the rear.

foned the guy yesterday about rear spring's before id even fitted the front.and he start's shoutin me down and tellin me im fitting them wrong.and said there upside down.had tried them both way's and was still not rite.few more choice word's were said and i had to hang up......

now concerned which way it is goin to go tommoro when i ring them up.

im stressed rite out and now i have to take it all off for the forth time and my balljoint bush's aint lookin to good anymore

am i goin to get lumbered with naf gear now? I havnt given him the PI's back as i want thisa issue sorted before i hand anything back...

soory for the rambling guy's :D

When i got the PI shock's i couldnt move the strut shaft for love nor money ... And was solid as a rock whenm first on the car.....the gmax one's were almost as soft as when the pi shock's gave out.........

another day another dolla lost........

my total outlay for this including day's off and travell etc are close to if not over 500 note's now..and am no better off then what i was with the shock's that came with the car

could of got a set of decent adjustie's for that :o

ah well back to the train again :lol:

I allready said that with the pi's :o crack's me up.the shop owner's have no clue about car's and have the cheak to tell me i dont either :o there the sort who just sat back one day and thought..i know we could start a aftermarket car part's store....cant be that hard ? Ive fitted many a lowering kit or full kit's standard item replacment's and was trainin to do mot's...think i should no a shafted shock :lol:

Not rearlly mate :o ****'d off with it now..

phoned the shop and was on there age's

he wont ring Gmax and sort out a solution.so he has gave me the main number for them.so monday morning il be chewin uP my minute's on my fone!

but he has said if thay wont sort it,then i got to take them back and get a refund.so then will have to fork out for another kit wait another 3 day's for them,anotherday (well couple of hour's) and half a day goin to margate to take the crap one's back.

tony what's you knowlage on spax ? The car was fitted with a spax kit when i got it.think the reciept i have was dated 02 so the front's lasted 6 year's :lol:

Wouldn't you have been better off getting a set from Eibach as the amount of money you've spent probably equals to what they would cost? Can't you get standard shocks with just springs?

I could of got a set of coil over's mate :o seen a nice set for 450 on the net. Wont go standard shock's and want it rigid :o seen a year old set of adjustable koin's with spring's...... So im keepin a eye on them atm to :lol:

I could of got a set of coil over's mate :o seen a nice set for 450 on the net. Wont go standard shock's and want it rigid :o seen a year old set of adjustable koin's with spring's...... So im keepin a eye on them atm to :lol:

Cool hope you get them mate, heard good things about koni's...are you getting a refund on the pi shocks as well though?

Yeah mate.but have to get some replacment's before hand.dont fancy puttin old stuff on then have to take it back off yet again :o only got 250 budget but there are plenty of deal's about so hopefully somthing good may come out og this yet :lol:

Id love the eibach kit but im low on cash and the spax kit is 220 ish all inc.tenna postage.....ive never known anyone to have issue's with gmax and have bought car's with there kit's fitted allready.im hopin thay will just send me a new kit to my door and hand the naf one over.....but if not then i have found the same kit online for 169.99 :o so may just send it back and get refund anyway.......Found some koni sprot line (think that what there called) and priced at 270 on a sale....

shall i just waigh it in on monday :lol:

Canal :o

:lol:

Get a mondeo mate you know you want to! :)

pmsl no chance :huh: this is stayin for a year

and ive been allowed to open my cossie found :D

taken me 7 year's to get the missis to let me havew another :D

So the deciding question is what to do next ? Do i dare take a risk and get gmax to swap the kit,or go for somthing else.

the contender's are

spax vsx kit

koni srt kit

apex kit

or a year old set of koni adjustable's on flea bay

So the deciding question is what to do next ? Do i dare take a risk and get gmax to swap the kit,or go for somthing else.

the contender's are

spax vsx kit

koni srt kit

apex kit

or a year old set of koni adjustable's on flea bay

Mate, what wise words are there from the Astra forums?...... By volume they have a heads up on this.

:lol: tbh thay dont no much mate :unsure: most still just run standard set up with lowering spring's....

Im turn toward's the spax though as that is what car had when i got it.and other then leaking shock it was great.

but still havnt enuff cash to order anything untill i get refund for the gmax.......

found verious kit's from germany for 150 quid but not sure they will be any good!

Oh my head is starting to hurt :rolleyes: