Horror of the week 19/6/08

Tony

The cars complaint was tyre wear nothing more, during our precalibration checks we found a slightly defective wishbone?

post-2-1213903656.jpg

post-2-1213903678.jpg

How anyone could drive the car and not notice the scary handling defies logic..... Also note how the bushing hole has been elongated and the damaged area where the wishbone and it's cradle have been metal to metal.

Damn that's frightening to think they felt no change in the handling! B)

Not a mondeo was it?

Yep :D

Thought I recognised the shape :worried:

They're terrible for separating/splitting and mine were bad when I first bought the car but no where near as that! Car must've been wandering all over the road :confused02:

I'm assuming you fitted a new one, was it the side under the gearbox with the bolt you love to hate?

We fitted both...... Poxy NSF bolt!!

Which way did you put the bolt in then and if you did it the right way how did you do it? :)

Undo engine mount.... Lower sub-frame..... Happy days :)

Unless you do it on mine...as you need to take the carpet up to undo the rear subframe bolt!

You make it sound so easy though :D

We fitted both...... Poxy NSF bolt!!

Which way did you put the bolt in then and if you did it the right way how did you do it? :)

Undo engine mount.... Lower sub-frame..... Happy days :)

Unless you do it on mine...as you need to take the carpet up to undo the rear subframe bolt!

You make it sound so easy though :D

That's cos i didn't do it :) ....... Tony Barber@ wim inherited the duty :)

Damn that's frightening to think they felt no change in the handling! :)

Not a mondeo was it?

Yep :)

Thought I recognised the shape :)

They're terrible for separating/splitting and mine were bad when I first bought the car but no where near as that! Car must've been wandering all over the road :D

I'm assuming you fitted a new one, was it the side under the gearbox with the bolt you love to hate?

i thought that soon as i see it lol

love the nsf bolt's :) only extra half hour's work to do it rite :)

Yeah yeah!! lol

You only put it in the right way last time cos you changed the subframe itself :)

Ahhhh so now we get the full story ;)

I'm sure Jamie said he changed it...hope I'm right cos I'll be in for it otherwise! ;)

Yeah yeah!! lol

You only put it in the right way last time cos you changed the subframe itself ;)

Ahhhh so now we get the full story ;)

I'm sure Jamie said he changed it...hope I'm right cos I'll be in for it otherwise! ;)

:unsure: thanks rich...you love droppin me in it :lol:

yes i confess i changhed the whole subframe and took the oppertunity to put it in the right way :)

but it is still only bout half hour extra on the job ;) i know this as when changhed a rack on my estate it only tooh that long to lower frame ;)