Fitted anti-roll bar poly bushes

Rich

These are the reason why I'm sunburnt and got no skin left on me knuckles!! lol

Tony fitted the rear ones 18 months ago, only just got around to doing the fronts! :)

I managed to do them without lowering the subframe, was a sod to do as I had to bend the bracket up, punch the old bush out and then carefully push the new one in. Took a while to bend the bracket back to the same shape!

Verdict - Steering feels more responsive now and it's alot firmer, I had a job getting the droplinks back on!

arbbush1.jpg

arbbush2.jpg

Blimey looks a bit of a tight squeeze mate.... :o

Yep...I was starting to get the arse with the second one once I'd fitted the first bush as it had made the bar really stiff! :)

Nice work mate....... Fiddly little beggars aren't they :o

Glad they're done though...would these have made the steering feel more responsive or would that have been caused by the lower arm I also fitted today?

Blimey looks a bit of a tight squeeze mate.... :o

Yep...I was starting to get the arse with the second one once I'd fitted the first bush as it had made the bar really stiff! :)

Nice work mate....... Fiddly little beggars aren't they :o

Glad they're done though...would these have made the steering feel more responsive or would that have been caused by the lower arm I also fitted today?

I would say that's more to do with the lower arm.

Interesting as the bushes were only just starting to show signs of cracking but there was no play in it. Had been on there a year and half I think so that's pretty good for a pattern part :)

Yep sure can and I was surprised at how easy it was, I thought I was gonna have a tough time!

Dread to think what I would do if a bolt or the clamp snapped!! ;)

It's usually the rear bolt that give's up doubt you would brake a clamp though...how long did it take you to do ? Cant remember how long it take's me but it aint that log a time ;)

First side about 30 mins as there was loads of slack in the bar. The other side (passenger) seemed alot more awkward, not just cos the bar was now alot stiffer but where the rear bolt was. I couldn't get to it so just undid the other one and bent the clamp right back!! ;)