Horror of the week 3/5/8

Tony

An old Golf with severe wandering problems, after a quick inspection it was evident that two of the four steering rack retaining bolts had fell out and the remaining two were loose :rolleyes:

post-2-1209831164.jpg

post-2-1209831255.jpg

So if the other 2 fell out would they loose all steering then? :rolleyes:

Yep..... The steering wheel would have been as much use as a handbrake on a canoe

Scary thought! :)

So if the other 2 fell out would they loose all steering then? :rolleyes:

Yep..... The steering wheel would have been as much use as a handbrake on a canoe

Scary thought! :lol:

Nearly happened B)

That sound's like more dodgy workmenship from a previous repair :lol: good job this was discovered when it was :rolleyes:

In fact you are correct.... Seemingly this owner has a "mate" who does most of the repairs to this car..... Most of them were visible to us.... If i were the owner i would change mates!!

That sound's like more dodgy workmenship from a previous repair B) good job this was discovered when it was :rolleyes:

In fact you are correct.... Seemingly this owner has a "mate" who does most of the repairs to this car..... Most of them were visible to us.... If i were the owner i would change mates!!

I had a mate like that, hence the reason I now work on cars meself!! :lol: