has the Vectra C got a decent Chassis/ Geometry record?

NickT

Tony (& others)

I drove past a car showroom and saw a Vectra C on a 54 plate - 3.0 CDTI Diesel V6 with Auto gearbox.

It takes my fancy and I was wondering if there have been any bad reports of Chassis/ Geometry that seems to occur on modern cars.

(I have been totally put off Lexus since being on here and reading the tyre wear problems!)

Cheers in advance,

NickT

(I have been totally put off Lexus since being on here and reading the tyre wear problems!)

There are no tyre wear problems on the Lexus...providing you use the WIM settings :)

I know Clarkson hates Vectras, but, Top gear did a test of the Vectra VXR a while back, Clarkson loved it, but he said it was the worst handeling car he had driven, the understear was huge, In the footage it was just going in a straight line when he tried to turn a corner at speed.

A collegue of mine had a vectra C SRi as a hire care and he didnt rate the handeling either.

I used to own a Vectra B 150 SRi and I had no complaints regarding the handeling.

Try www.vvoc.cpm for more vectra help

HTH

Paul

Agreed the dynamic index is very in favor of under-steer, typical heavy nosed FWD to be honest.

Mind you if tyre wear is not an issue then a little more front camber or an up-rated ARB will easily sort the problem :)

Agreed the dynamic index is very in favor of under-steer, typical heavy nosed FWD to be honest.

Mind you if tyre wear is not an issue then a little more front camber or an up-rated ARB will easily sort the problem :D

I work collegue has just got a 3.2 GSI Veccy-C. He saids it 'turns in too much'. I've yet to give it a spin, so unsure if he means it turns more than expected, or oversteers.

Would it be camber related?

Mind you if tyre wear is not an issue then a little more front camber or an up-rated ARB will easily sort the problem :D

I work collegue has just got a 3.2 GSI Veccy-C. He saids it 'turns in too much'. I've yet to give it a spin, so unsure if he means it turns more than expected, or oversteers.

Would it be camber related?

Possibly.... Historically since the drive wheels also steer the command that would generate over-steer saturates the tyres and you under-steer... Digging in the front camber will manipulate this toward over-steer but it would be a costly modification in regards to tyre wear.