Lock angles

There are longer steering arms made for many race types, Drift in particular but i have a logic problem :)

If a longer steering arm is fitted then the toe will be compromised and will need correcting..... In doing so wouldn't this belay the benefit of the longer arm?

I also wonder if the reason for the longer arm is to "over activate" the toe-out-on-turns but lock angles and TOOT are completely different entities.

Any thoughts :D

• 5 months later...
There are longer steering arms made for many race types, Drift in particular but i have a logic problem :D

If a longer steering arm is fitted then the toe will be compromised and will need correcting..... In doing so wouldn't this belay the benefit of the longer arm?

I also wonder if the reason for the longer arm is to "over activate" the toe-out-on-turns but lock angles and TOOT are completely different entities.

Tony WTF !!!! lol.........erm, dunno, this is why I come to you.............I dont know this stuff lol

There are longer steering arms made for many race types, Drift in particular but i have a logic problem :)

Tony WTF !!!! lol.........erm, dunno, this is why I come to you.............I dont know this stuff lol

Be gentle..... None of the drifty's i have sent have had the lock spacers fitted :D

forget what your thinking,

the spacers are the same diameter as the rack, so in essence what you are doing is allowing the rack to travel approx 10mm+ further into the rack cylinder, thereby allowing more angle to be achieved on the wheels

follow....?

forget what your thinking,

the spacers are the same diameter as the rack, so in essence what you are doing is allowing the rack to travel approx 10mm+ further into the rack cylinder, thereby allowing more angle to be achieved on the wheels

follow....?

"Penney drops"..... Here's me wondering about the length of the steering arm whereas the real point is the length of the cylinder :D

yup the spacer is added to the inner end of the steering arm, betwwen the arm and the threaded insert on the rack, on turning, the steering arm, and spacer now can enter the rack before the std stop hits the cylinder, therefore allowing more angle to be achieved

yup the spacer is added to the inner end of the steering arm, betwwen the arm and the threaded insert on the rack, on turning, the steering arm, and spacer now can enter the rack before the std stop hits the cylinder, therefore allowing more angle to be achieved

How come you don't have them?

erm, ive never really looked into it that much, i have 2 spare racks that i was going to experiment with, one with bent arms, so soon as i could either get some spacers machined, or purchased i was going to fit them.....but the move over here kinda side tracked me

erm, ive never really looked into it that much, i have 2 spare racks that i was going to experiment with, one with bent arms, so soon as i could either get some spacers machined, or purchased i was going to fit them.....but the move over here kinda side tracked me

Well the move.... say no more.

Chunk did mention the lock angles and i'm all in favor of this since i cannot convert the toot to positive on your car without moving the calipers.

From what i've seen online the spacers are quite cheap aren't they?

Well the move.... say no more.

Chunk did mention the lock angles and i'm all in favor of this since i cannot convert the toot to positive on your car without moving the calipers.

From what i've seen online the spacers are quite cheap aren't they?

dunno, never really priced any up, im sure if i knew the thread of the inner rack then it would more than likely be the same as most other toyotas

Pass :) that just flew reet ova me hid...

suprash thats one hell of a long signature you got there :) like readin a mini adventure

I know, thats what I thought lol, but at least its something to show for the amount of time, money and effort I put into my cars, thats it though...lol well and a broke bank balance lol.....