Warning

Tony

Anyone thinking of buying a second hand car? then please consider these facts....

Most times if the car has had an off?... Lets say hit a curb, then the cost of the repair to replace bent components would most times be below the excess, and most times the owner will seek the cheapest form of repair.

Even if the repair goes though the insurance company most times the Geometry is not requested to prove the repair was totally successful :crying_anim:

Straight body lines and shiny paint does not prove the car is worthy..... A simple Geometry image will display any horrors before you buy..... And very few car sales would expect you to ask for this.....

For the sake of a few quid a Geometry will prove the chassis condition and maybe save you thousands of pounds by giving you the information to purchase the car or simply walk away.

Very wise words indeed.

A very good example of this is a Supra that Tony recommeded to come to us last week for a coil over suspension kit installation and calibration.

As part of the geometry check we did a frame check and found that car was actually bent. Further investigation revealed that the car had been repaired after an accident. The repair was very good and hard to spot, but of course not really repaired well enough.

There you go..... Perfect example of how the body can look superb.... HPI flawless but you cannot hide the condition of the chassis.... Ever!

I'm going to suggest something that some may think "what!"

If you are fortunate to buy a new car then you don't expect an MOT certificate to prove it's road worthiness.... If i were to buy a new car i would insist the calibration is measured before purchase :crying_anim: ..... The 07 number plate means nothing to me, i want proof the build quality is as advertised.

I measure a pitifully high number of new cars with handling or build problems.... A simple Geo would detect any issues way in advance of the signing of the cheque.

All i suggest is "be wise" and preserve your investment...... An old teacher of mine said "do it once, do it right".......... Wise words indeed.

I can't see garages spending money on a geometry report to sell a car when I'd imagine alot of customers wouldn't even know what it is. It is a good idea but not one I can see them going for.

I agree garages won't want to do it..... But if we spread the word then maybe buyers will ask for it to prove the chassis is undamaged.

I can't see garages spending money on a geometry report to sell a car when I'd imagine alot of customers wouldn't even know what it is. It is a good idea but not one I can see them going for.

I agree garages won't want to do it..... But if we spread the word then maybe buyers will ask for it to prove the chassis is undamaged.

Wouldn't this be a good thing to add to an MOT Test?

NickT

Wouldn't this be a good thing to add to an MOT Test?

NickT

In Germany front wheel alignment is part of the test..... I would prefer a full Geometry but hay it's a start :lol: