Old friend up for sale

andyelcomb

Decided it's time to part with an old friend who has been languishing in lockups since the mid '80s...

Good old bus started up without too much persuasion, but won't drive away as I've taken the front calipers off and the clutch is rusted on. Other than that mechanically it's not a difficult project for someone, but it will need quite a lot of bodywork surgery.

Was hoping to sell the registration separately but I believe it has to be roadworthy for a while before I can do that so it's now out there on Facebook Marketplace and Car & Classics at £5500 - let's see how it goes. Certainly had lots of initial interest but no offers near what I want yet.

Frogeye 3.jpg

Frogeye 2.jpg

Frogeye 1.jpg

Frogeye Brands GP race - comp.jpg

Frogeye Valence - comp.jpg

• Like 2

Really good ones don't command big money yet and this was never that pretty when it was young. Really don't have the time now I'm approaching state pension age so just want it gone now.

It is probably better than most true barn finds, but it will need quite a bit of welding and should go on a jig as although all the wheels point the right direction they are a tad offset. Drove ok after this, but managed to break right wrist well and truly...

Frogeye Bodiam 3 1982 - comp.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, a fair bit and a few offers £4-4.5K but am holding out for the time being.

Don't really understand why some ask for a few more pics or info and then just don't repsond any more, but it isn't a true time-waster yet so not that bothered.

After having got partially underneath is doesnt look too bad and its only really the sills and offside A post that really needs surgery so am tempted to see if I can get it properly driveable so it would pass an inspection if I put the registration on retention for selling later.

On 20/02/2023 at 10:47, andyelcomb said:

Yes, a fair bit and a few offers £4-4.5K but am holding out for the time being.

Don't really understand why some ask for a few more pics or info and then just don't repsond any more, but it isn't a true time-waster yet so not that bothered.

After having got partially underneath is doesnt look too bad and its only really the sills and offside A post that really needs surgery so am tempted to see if I can get it properly driveable so it would pass an inspection if I put the registration on retention for selling later.

That's good then, shows they are sought after even with the usual timewasters. Have you thought about trying an auction (with a reserve) like mathewsons? From watching the show there is always interest in old cars like these.