Alignment - New Car Purchase

BillNick132

Hi everyone,

I am due to buy/collect a car this Friday and cant wait! - 2015 Lexus RC-F with 24,000 miles.

The owner had it serviced just a few weeks ago in August and the Lexus Main Dealer flagged that he needed an alignment and they corrected it.

Please see attached the before and after report.....

I was wondering if people could offer their feedback on the report please. The owner said that he did not feel any issues prior to Lexus finding it was out.

Buying privately I just want to know if the BEFORE position is anything i should be worried about or can it be normal for a car of this age and performance and simply needed a slight correction?

Car is a 2015 Lexus RC-F.

Sorry the numbers are very clear, please zoom right in to read.

Thanks every so much

Bill

a5d7a1a9-09cb-421a-9fc2-e9970d002205.JPG

Looks good to me...... The initial toe positions are very easy to displace..... Put it this way, if you can realize the figures are also forces the toe angle is the very bottom of forces, in addition the toe angle is a compliance angle, meaning it's position is held in the predicted bushings while in motion.

Point to note is the Hunter machine measures at 1/10th of a mileometer.... Over time-worn bushings ( not worn out ) will allow some displacement.

Assuming the ramp is level, machine within calibration we can measure 1/10th of a mm but i could get very different readings if i stop the car by the foot brake and the hand brake?

Chassis is good so please don't panic.

Just to express what toe is all about. In motion for all cars FWD/ RWD/ 4WD is a dynamic 0.... As said toe is a compliance angle, easily displaced due to the road condition and bushing condition.

What we all need to remember is our cars spend must their life in the realm of worn? Meaning it's not new and not unsafe. We have to adapted and use experience given the chassis measurements which actually means we don't use the idyllic positions suggested by the manufacturer because they don't allow wear within the rubber bushings.

Something i see very often is companies use the "tolerance" as part of the reading. In actual fact the tolerance suggests a dynamic range?

Put it this way.... I measure the chassis and get a static reading, i then pull the car down then the readings should move within the "tolerance" I then push the car up and once again get another reading within the tolerance.

Most companies use the red/ green numbers and say "it's in the green".... Rubbish!, When i train people i turn off the colours, then if the student can tell me what's wrong with the car I'm happy.