What caused this?

parthiban

Sounds positive on the whole, how much were the tyres compared to buying online and paying extra on top for fitting?

No different really, cheapest I found the tyres was Camskill at £50/corner, and local places wanted £15/tyre to fit making it £65 in total. Cheapest fully fitted on Blackcircles was £65.68 and on the Blackboots website (I know Tony can offer a discount) was £74.81.

Including the 2.5% AA member discount this cost £287 so £71.75/tyre and Kwik Fit's price was £69.50 each - so all in all quite reasonable considering you never leave the comfort of your home.

1.7bar... That's less than 25psi. No where near any tyre pressure I know of on any car. That's not particularly good, in fact I'd be asking the question as to why they didn't set the pressures correctly. All my local fitters (I never use kwik fit or any of the fast fit places) ask what pressures I want, the nearest to me even volunteered the correct setting off the top of his head last time I was there.

Fair point about the pressures, I am meaning to call them just to let them know that as it's obviously not great. I usually do check pressures anyway as I've had the same thing happen before with non-mobile services which is why I didn't make such a big deal about it, but you're right most would assume that the car was safe to drive straight away.

I don't have a torque wrench (nor really even know what they should be torqued to) but the fitter has made a handwritten note on the report he gave us that the nuts have been torqued to 120Nm so hope that means he did actually do it - but just to check is 120Nm the right torque?