Rear wiper blades

I bought some new Bosch ones almost 2 years ago and the rubber is separating already on them, which is a surprise as they only get occasional use.

I'm not sure whether I should replace them with Bosch again, go for Wiper Blades own brand, which is only a few quid cheaper than the Bosch or try something else?

Who makes Honda wiper blades? A genuine one for the Accord is £12.

I know they're expensive but the PIAA silicone wipers are brilliant, I've still got the same set on my Lexus that I've had on there for a ridiculous number of years now.

Alternatively you can normally just replace the rubbers rather than the whole wiper blade which works out a lot cheaper.

I've just realised that the wiper blades I bought 2 years ago were for the Civic and Corolla, I don't think I've replaced the Accord one yet.

The Civic uses the Bosch H301, which is £6 so it doesn't seem worth messing with replacing the rubber itself for that price.

I might try the Wiper Blades own brand ones then.

Are the PIAA silicone wipers the same as the retro fit flat ones?

I know they're expensive but the PIAA silicone wipers are brilliant, I've still got the same set on my Lexus that I've had on there for a ridiculous number of years now.

Alternatively you can normally just replace the rubbers rather than the whole wiper blade which works out a lot cheaper.

PIAA are brilliant! I also had them on the Lexus for about 6 odd years and on the corrolla for about the same amount of time!

Just had a look and they don't do the size I need but going by the other prices they're too expensive for me. Although it does sound like they pay for themselves after a few years.

That's good didn't know that, need some for the bm

Yeah I didn't know about them either until my brother got a set for his Jag:

http://www.piaa.co.uk/wipers/wipers.asp

Cheers for that, will get them ordered!

Yeah I think they had a group buy on LOC!

They are expensive, but knowing they won't need changing again for 3/4 y are at least kinda pays for itself!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a valeo one for the Civic from CP4L for around £4 delivered, couldn't say no at that price! :D

Picking up a Bosch one for the Accord from GSF for £4.80!

I've been looking at those silicone ones for when the fronts need replacing and I think they're just too expensive for me. Reading the forum it seems alot of pre facelift owners upgrade to the facelift flat wipers with good results so I'll probably go for those.

Yep prob not worth going for the silicone on the rear given how infrequently they'd get used.

Definitely recommend on the front though, you don't end up changing them for years and years (still on the original set on the Lexus) plus the silicone means that at higher speeds the water just runs off the screen and you don't have to worry about the wipers much.

They don't do them for our cars anyway. I do find on the Accord I use the wiper alot being a tourer, the screen gets filthy very quickly, so a silicone one might be better.