Fitting Coilovers

SHAHZ

Shahz i've spoken to Joe and here's the low down.... The true estimated fitting time and geometry is five hours not two days so i asked where did two days come from? He explained and i understand now he quoted you "mates rates" meaning the install will fit in around other work so a window of two days means he can save you money and we won't lose money.

What i forgot a Joe politely reminded me of this morning is the BCR's pre-load won't be factory set. As you know the car is very nose heavy and BCR don't offer guidance for the amount of pre-load so it really i a "fit and test drive" type of install. Remember pre-load and ride height on the BCR are totally detached. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really because it can be independently tuned. The likes of GAZ for example is only height adjustable which means the pre-load is what it is meaning the reaction rate is allover the place. I truth the BCR's are a lot of mucking around to get right but the end results are exemplary.

Well they come with zero pre-load ( default ) and in this cars case the test drive is looking for submarining and bump deviation. The rear will probably stay at default subject to squat but the front may need increments of 5mm positive pre-load between testing. Then if there's any need to change the ride height then the geometry needs to be done again including adding/ removing about 160kg of ballast. 

Shahz i've spoken to Joe and here's the low down.... The true estimated fitting time and geometry is five hours not two days so i asked where did two days come from? He explained and i understand now he quoted you "mates rates" meaning the install will fit in around other work so a window of two days means he can save you money and we won't lose money.

What i forgot a Joe politely reminded me of this morning is the BCR's pre-load won't be factory set. As you know the car is very nose heavy and BCR don't offer guidance for the amount of pre-load so it really i a "fit and test drive" type of install. Remember pre-load and ride height on the BCR are totally detached.

Morning Tony, cheers for clarifying the situation! Ok really appreciate the consideration on getting the costs down, that's not something you get from anyone else, and is always why I go to WIM :)

However, with the distance involved in regards to where I live is obviously an issue; what sort of price difference are we talking between a 5 hour install in one go versus over a two day install? Feel free the PM me mate!

It's not just price, doing the job the same day just isn't something we'd consider. I understand the logistics of it are an issue, it's just not a job we'd be willing to rush! Time to tailor the ride height/pre load, test drive and any other variables like seized bolts etc all adds up!

Well Parcel force are p**sing me around!  was meant to have been delivered on Tuesday, then yesterday and now today!  Just called the deopt to see what they are playing at and confirm they will definitely be delivered today!  

Joe, I PMd you last night, hope you got it.... as mentioned will be there first thing tomorrow am, will let you know if anything changes! 

Couple of pics of the coils, they look really good quality, cheers for the recommendation Tony :)

DDDEAC3B-9360-4BE2-8298-07FD04FAFB82.jpg

E04233AB-D0CE-40F1-98E8-FC1A6810B1A4.jpg

Last it dawned on me how much kit I had to get to WIM.....lets just say it was a bit of a squeeze:lol:

4 x tyres
4 x rims
Set of coils
Various nuts and bolts

3CBB8828-496A-4EEC-B2B4-8E7C0093E5E7.jpg
2E0F9B0D-6CE9-4820-AD42-D290DD97DD62.jpg

And what makes you think they are dirty :rolleyes: oh who am I kidding, you know me too well :lol:

Straight into the back of the rental... Well I cant be gentle :P

B60C76AE-A28C-4169-93C4-8E9D77D122DE.jpg

Lucky enough the cab that come to pick me up to take me to enterprise was a Vw transporter, so took them with me saving me the need to come back!

:lol: Wouldn't have that issue with an estate! :D

Or the Galaxy! Problem being I had no one that could take me up at the time! Seat was so far forward I could have licked the windscreen :D