Changed discs and pads

Guys, changed front discs and pads on my 2006 Honda accord the other day, easy job apart from getting the discs off the hub , had to spray loads of plus gas in there and ended up using a block of wood to and a 4lb club hammer to bang them off , question is would this have done any damage to the hub/ bearings do you think? 

Might be my imagination as I'm really looking for it !! paranoia setting in I think!!LOL but it seems there is a very very slight shake in the steering now at high speed 70 mph + barely noticeable really and may well have been there before, does this often happen for a while after having fitted new discs and pads?

I did mate , using a wire brush, wire wool and disc cleaner fluid, was quite conscious about ensuring the hubs and disc faces were as clean as I could get them. last thing I wanted was brake pulsation with the new discs on due to any debris on them

Cheers Pete

Very common problem with the Honda's and it's happened to me loads of times.... Our method is thermal shock? We heat the hub up then cool it rapidly, this normally brakes the bond. 

Didn't have access to any heat, hence the block of wood and 4lb club hammer!! so do you think the hub bearings would be ok? all does feel solid there I have to say, just that possible imaginary wheel wobble, trouble I find is once doing some work like that Thoughts are ' was that doing that before'!! what a state to get into eh!! LOL

Cheers Pete

I didn't have any issues changing my brakes, the discs fell off! Had more trouble with the retaining screws being too tight. Apart from re-checking everything I'm not sure what else you can do.

You were lucky there Rich with them falling, mind this is the first car that I've had do this. Have to say everything was cleaned thoroughly and all bolts torqued up according to Hondas specifications etc. so as you say not a lot more I can do really, at the moment the brakes are good and no pulsations even at high speed, as I say at the moment!!LOL so all must be ok I'm thinking otherwise surely I would be experiencing brake pulsations/ judder?

Cheers Pete

I know how you feel I had it on my Mondeo the first time I changed the discs. I had to drill holes through it and split it open with a chisel. No amount of hammering was getting it off or rocking the car with the wheel loose!

Fingers crossed the judder doesn't come back :)