Over crowded el salvador prison.....

Tony

Ross Kemp does that's why he was there filming. Criminals or not they are still human.

He was filming about gangs not prison life but included it cos the gangs rule inside as well as out. They made their choices when they murdered and raped, I have no sympathy.

Why should they be given the easy way out? If only our prisons were like these, maybe less people would re-offend.

These are also holding cells while they wait to be transferred to the main prison, they have so many prisoners that the space isn't available for them all.

If you saw some of the photos of the injuries they have caused to others I'm sure you'd change your mind about them, they can't be rehabilitated, once in a gang very few rarely leave and keep their lives.

As a non offender i sense compassion and humanity, that doesn't excuse the crimes but as a human i won't lower myself to their level and say suffer you bastards. Lock them up for life, real life hell yes but not like that.

It's not intentional, it's just that there are so many prisoners they have run out of room.

They are ruthless in there, even the prison guards won't go in cos they will get attacked so it's each to their own.

I've read the book about these prisons, it's an interesting read but I think we will have to agree to disagree.