Cars Hitting Railway Crossing Rising Barriers........

Tony

Why risk lives for the sake of a couple of minutes! The other day going to Watford the lights changed so we stopped but the car behind swerved out into the next lane and jumped them nearly hitting traffic coming across. We caught them up at the next lights, crazy!!

Why risk lives for the sake of a couple of minutes! The other day going to Watford the lights changed so we stopped but the car behind swerved out into the next lane and jumped them nearly hitting traffic coming across. We caught them up at the next lights, crazy!!

Similar thing happened to me driving into Stevenage this morning. Lights turned to red well before I got there so I stopped, but the car behind me swapped to the next lane and went through them and turned left, narrowly missing traffic coming from the right. I didn't see him again though.

Well yes i can't argue with that but why not have two barriers and complete the view that the road is closed..... In truth if i was in the left lane and a barrier came down in the right lane and i wasn't familiar with the area i might drive through?

There's one near me in Northallerton. Amber light and siren, Two flashing Red light and siren, barrier comes down over half the road (on the side you're supposed to drive on), and people still jump across taking a chance. Last one I personally saw went so fast in a desperate attempt to get across his trailer detached itself from the car and was left behind on the lines. It's not the fault of the design of the crossing, or the physics of making people stop with visual deterrents, it's about stopping them before they cause a fatal accident on the crossing and bugger up someone's day (or life).

Let's face it, the cars crossing after the barrier came down on the video there weren't people who didn't know what was happening or didn't understand. It was people driving dangerously to jump the red light and beat the train.