Mixing runflat and non runflatt?

SHAHZ

Ok so the cars just failed on the MOT for the front tyres.... question, in a bid to get away from the runflats, can i run non runflats for the front and keep the rear on runflats - Seeing as though i only last week replaced one of the rears would ideally like to wear them down before replacing!

From a legal point of view, you can. However it's not advisable. Run-Flats require a specific geometry setup that differs quite a lot from the factory specification. Applying run-flat settings to one end of the car and standard to the other is a big no-no, and leaving the alignment as it is when the tyres are changed is asking for tyre wear issues. On top of all that the ride quality given from having both RFTs and standard tyres will be pants!

Cheers Joe.... i think BMW are trying it to be honest, as you mentioned last week they where advisory rather than at the legal limit!.... yes sir that will be £350 per tyre.... will it Boll :censored:x  i told him, said id get the tyres sorted myself

I might just stick to the RF all round for now and hopefully get some bigger rims in the spring!

I didnt go to my usual indy as its coming to the end of its warranty and its needed a couple of bits looked at so just got them to do the mot.... assuming now that they have done the test i will need to pay them?  Or could i simply just go elsewhere.... ive just ordered the tyres as they will of needed replacing in the next month or so anyway, its just the hassle of going back just to show them that the tyres have been changed!

Will get some up later, Joe also said that they would be ok for MOT only last Wednesday.... given ive only done around 300 miles between when i left wim till i dropped the car on Monday morning, doubt much would have changed!  Hey ho, new tyres ordered anyway!

• 3 weeks later...

Never did get round to taking the pics... these turned up and i needed to get them fitted asap

15C09C93-1A9F-42A1-8F82-BB1A2BAF2679.jpg

Due to timescales with the MOT running out, i couldn't get back down to WIM, instead i went to a new F1 centre that opened locally.... never again!!  the :censored: that fitted em couldnt get the old ones off or the new ones on!  I even saw him have to take one of the new ones back off as soon as he put it on.... muppet had put the rotation the wrong way!  Anyway from what I can see, there are now some marks on the rim :banghead:  :banghead:

Wouldn't of happened with us...... What's their take on the damaged rims?

Absolutely, hence its the only place ive ever been since 2005!

Ive not bothered taking it up, I was in a hurry when they were doing it (took him an age to do it) and only noticed once i pulled into the drive... lesson learned and im thinking of refurbimg them when the winters out!

It's maddening when the job they do they can't do it correctly.

Exactly!!  the manager didnt fill me confidence either... oh they hate doing bmw's, the run flats are a pain and they take it in turn.... i though if you had the right staff and tools it wouldnt make a difference!