Tyres and pressures for the Accord Tourer

Rich

The label on the door says for 3 people and luggage to have them on 32psi for the front and 33psi for the rear. When I got the car they were on 27/28 all round. The label doesn't recommend a pressure for just 1 or 2 people so I put them on 31psi.

The steering feels abit light on the front though but with it being such a heavy car I'm not sure if it's wise to go and lower. From what I've been reading I think some owners have them even higher than what's recommended so I'm not sure which way to go with them?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes it has 17s. I haven't been too far with them on 31 psi so I'll persevere with it and then up them abit.

I take it you have 16's now Adam?

Also do you know if 15s fit my car? I know the 2.0 came with them but I've never seen them on the 2.4 so I think they don't.

the 2.0 is the only one with 15's as they have 280mm brake discs.. the diesel and 2.4 have 300mm discs so needed the larger 16" wheel.

I did run 17' for several years bit with a family... the extra £100+ per set of 4 tyres could be spent else where.

I prefer the 17' ride as its more precise even though it sufferes from more tramlining

I thought it might have been the caliper but having the larger disc makes sense.

That is why I wanted 16's ideally cos of the extra cost of tyres but if I can get them in winter tyres the 17s will last longer.

I did notice abit of tramlining, I guess that's from having 225 wide tyres.

Used the car to get to work and I see what you mean about those P6000 now. On the Civic they are very good but they're 195 wide tyres, in a 225 I guess they lose traction easily. I pulled out of my road abit too quick and the VSA kicked in. I am not looking forward to driving on these when the really bad weather comes!

If I don't win those wheels I linked to above I might just replace 2 tyres with some decent ones (depending on price) and put those on the front, then the other P6000 tyres can go on the rear. The Goodyear F1 seem to come out on top but being asymmetrical might make the tramlining worse.

Well hopefully I can get those 16s or I have my eye on some from a Civic Sport and fit winter tyres. With the new car, tax and insurance, plus the battery and oil change I'm getting abit skint for tyres on top but needs must. I know I won't get up and down the hills around here on those P6000 though when the snow/ice comes. If I can't get into work I don't paid, the buses won't run either!

Yep most of them fit, it's just that some of them do have different offsets so I'm not sure how much clearance there is. I think Accord 16" wheels are ET55 but ones off a CRV could be ET35-45, from what I've found.

I can't believe how much some people want/they bid up to for wheels with winter tyres. These are on £310 so far, getting on for new prices and £395 for these - crazy!!

Nice and subtle there Adam! :lol: I have to say some of these Accord wheels do flake really bad.

The Accord 16" rims are ET55, these Civic ones are ET45 from what I've found so that shouldn't give me any issues with clearance.

lol re- reading that it doesnt come across how I meant it...

I meant for it to be as they are going to get salty, and probably touch a curb or two when its icy, so why care about the looks? I found great satisfaction in grinding one of my alloys against a curb last winter as I was parking...

I have always been so careful with my old summer wheels, that with the manky winter ones I just didnt give a f*ck :D

Yeah the condition I'm not overly bothered with, you should see the Civic wheels - corroded badly in places.

I was referring more to if they suit the car as I'm fussy like that! :lol:

Just finding out if I can collect this weekend (he won't use a courier) and then I'll buy them :)

They do but they're usually more expensive than the alloys and hard to find. Yep I bought some plasti dip, which I could use.

Having said that these are the only ones I can find but they're cheaper (for now) and closer - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-16-Steel-wheels-6-5J-Honda-Civic-/271329350503?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3f2c7d5367

Not sure whether to hold out for those now or get the alloys! :unsure: